High Salary Agriculture Courses After 12th: Career in Agriculture is one of the most important industries and a good source of employment across the country. Agriculture conjointly plays an important role in the Indian economy. At present, students from everywhere in the country are choosing the agriculture field for their career prospective.
Firstly, let us define the term “Agriculture”
Agriculture is the process and science of farming & cultivation of plants, animals, fungi, medicinal plants and different products that are used to enhance human life.
Latest Applications For Various UG & PG Courses Open 2023-24
- IIAD 2024, New Delhi | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- Manav Rachna University, | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Presidency University, Bangalore | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Shoolini University, Himachal Pradesh | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- GNIOT, Greater Noida | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
The study of agriculture is defined as “Agricultural Science”.
Agricultural Science is a multidisciplinary field that comprises of a variety of scientific, technical & business subjects. It promotes the efficient production of quality food within the agricultural-food industry & on the farm linked to farming.
Agriculture Field includes horticulture, farm management, businesses & industries which buy farm products, manufacture agricultural machinery, banking activities, research for improving the quality of farm products, etc.
A person who specializes in this field is called “Agriculturists”.
The history of agriculture dates backs thousands of years ago. Wild grains were collected and eaten from 105,000 years ago, rice was domesticated in China between 13,500 & 8,200 years ago and pigs were domesticated in Mesopotamia around 15,000 years ago.
Career options in Agriculture After 12th:
To start a professional career in agriculture, you will need to pursue courses in this field. Students have a variety of options to pursue courses in the agriculture field. Some popular courses are listed here.
List of Agriculture Courses After Class 12th:
Latest Applications For Various UG & PG Courses Open 2023
- Certificate course in Food & Beverage Service
- Certificate in Agriculture Science
- Certificate course in Bio-fertilizer Production
- Diploma Courses in Agriculture and Allied Practices
- Diploma in Agriculture
- Diploma in Food Processing
Bachelor Courses (B.Sc):
- Bachelor of Science (Honors) in Agriculture
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture
- Bachelor of Science in Crop Physiology
Master Courses (M.Sc):
- Master of Science in Biological Sciences
- Master of Science in Agriculture
- Master of Science in Agriculture Botany
- Doctor of Philosophy in Agriculture Biotechnology
- Doctor of Philosophy in Agriculture
- Doctor of Philosophy in Agricultural Entomology
How to get admission in Agriculture Courses?
Students will apply for admission in agriculture courses through the entrance test organized at national, state and university level. Candidates will apply for this course after finishing their 10+2 education. Some colleges additionally provide admissions on the basis of merit list of the qualifying test. Some agriculture entrance exams are mentioned here:
ICAR AIEEA 2023
MP PAT 2023
Agriculture Courses Salary & Pay-Scale:
“Agriculture field rewards a good salary package to the smart working people”.
In India, many government and private industries offer good salary packages to the agriculture aspirants. With a higher degree and good expertise in this field, you’ll earn a lot during this field.
“As a B.Sc (Agriculture) graduate, you’ll simply earn around 3 to 4 lacs each year in India”.
- Crop specialist
- Fertilizer sales representative
- Food microbiologist
- Food researcher
- Plant geneticist
- Soil surveyor
- Farm manager