BCECE 2021 Syllabus has been released by official authority. BCECEB conducts BCECE Entrance Exam for taking admission into Engineering, Pharmacy, Agriculture. BCECE release an official Syllabus for taking admission into Engineering, Pharmacy, Agriculture. The Syllabus consists of Agriculture.
Here we are going to mention the complete BCECE 2021 Syllabus for Agriculture. The BCECE exam is done in one phase. Candidates can also check the BCECE 2021 Syllabus for Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics.
BCECE 2021 Agriculture Syllabus – Available
|BCECE 2021 Agriculture Syllabus is available here to download. Click Here to Download Free PDF.|
Introductory Agriculture and Agrometeorology:
- Definition of Agriculture, Brief history of Agriculture.
- Disciplines of Agriculture: Agronomy, Soil Science, Plant breeding and genetics, Horticulture, Entomology, Plant Pathology, Extension education, Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Engineering, Agricultural statistics ( One paragraph description on each discipline)
- National and International agricultural institutes in India.
- Agroclimatic Zones of India and Bihar.
- Elements of Weather-rainfall, temperature, humidity, wind velocity, sunshine, weather forecasting’ Climate change in relation to crop production.
- Tillage: Definition, Objective, and types of tillage.
- Tillage implements (primary, secondary, and inter tillage).
- Soil tilth, its importance, and its effect on soil properties.
- Tillage practices (conventional) vs. conservation and zero tillage).
- Methods of sowing/planting, Depth of sowing, transplanting, and harvesting
Animal Husbandry, Dairy and Fish Production:
- Importance of livestock in agriculture & industry
- Important developmental programs by Central or State Government for improvement of livestock ( Operation Flood)
- Important indigenous and exotic breeds of Cattle, buffalo, sheep, goat & poultry.
- System of housing in cattle & poultry. – Principles of feeding. – Management of cattle at the time of
- calving (ii) newborn calf (iii) heifers (iv) milch animals (v) pregnant animals and poultry (vi) Bullocks (Chicks pullets, Layers, Broilers) – Principles of the feeding of different classes of animals, calves, pregnant animals, lactating animals, Bullocks and Poultry (Chicks, Pullets, Layers & Broilers)
- Methods of conservation of green fodder (haymaking & silage making)
- Sign of sick & healthy animals, etiology symptoms, prevention, and control of common diseases in cattle & poultry. (i) Rinderpest (ii) Foot & mouth disease (iii) Rabies (iv) Haemorrahagicsepticaemia (v) Black quarter (vi) Mastitis (Vii) Trypanosomiasis (viii) Basesiosis (ix) Coccidiosis (x) Ranikhet disease (xi) Fowl pox (xii) I.B.D. or Gumboro disease. – Artificial insemination (Definition, Benefits, Drawbacks). – Principle and methods of milking clean milk production.
- Modern methods of fish production.
Plant Breeding and Genetics:
- Mendel’s Laws of inheritance and its exception and significance.
- Qualitative and quantitative traits and their inheritance.
- Plant Breeding: Definition, history, objective, and its achievements.
- Heterosis, its basis, and exploitation.
- Breeding methods for crop improvement:- Introduction, selection, hybridization, mutation, polyploidy, population improvement.
- Recent methods of crop improvement, plant biotechnology, and genetic engineering.
- Plant Genetic Resources: their collection, conservation, and utilization.
- Seed: Formation, classification, and multiplication.
- Intellectual Property Right: Definition, Classification, and its importance.
- Agricultural Implements:- cultivators, M.B. plow, Disc, Zero till seed drill, Rotavator, Power tiller, Tractor, Harvester – Engine- I.C. Engine: parts of the engine and their work. Working of I.C. Engine, Working of 2 and 4 stroke engines. Difference between 2 strokes and 4 stroke engines, Difference between diesel and petrol engine, problems, and troubleshooting of engine, Maintenance of engine, Maintenance after 100 hours and Maintenance after 500 hours.
- Electric motor: D.C. and A.C. 3 phase induction motor, single-phase induction motor, Types of the motor, Capacitor, Selection of electric motor.
- Sowing: Method of seeding or sowing, Seed-cum-fertilizer drill, Calibration of seed drill machine, thresher- its working and maintenance, winnower.
- Harvesting Equipment, working principle of mower, Problems, and maintenance of harvesting equipment.
Soil as A Medium Of Plant Growth:
- Soil as a natural three-dimensional resource.
- Soil classification, major soils of India/ Bihar.
- Soil profile, soil texture, and structure, Soil Organism, Soil reaction / pH.
- Soil water.
- Soil fertility & productivity and their indicators.
- Essential plant nutrients, their functions, and deficiency symptoms.
- Sufficiency and toxic levels of nutrients.
- Fertilizers, manure, bio-fertilizers, integrated nutrient management.
- Fertilizer placement, top dressing, and foliar application.
- Importance of crop insect-pests, diseases, nematodes, rodents.
- Important insect-pest and diseases of field crops, vegetables, fruits, and stored grain pests and their management.
- Methods of control of insect-pest and disease:- Physical, Mechanical, Cultural, biological, chemical, anatomical, legal method and integrated pest management.
- Pesticides and their classification, symptoms of poisoning, First aids and antidotes.
- Harmful effects of insecticides.
- Effect of the environment (temperature, moisture, wind, light, soil pH) on pest development
Cultivation of Crops:
Economic importance, origin, distribution, soil and climatic requirement, varieties, cultural practices (Seedbed preparation, seed treatment, time and method of sowing/ planting, seed rate; dose, method and time of fertilizer application, irrigation, inter-culture, and weed control; common pests and diseases caused by bacteria, fungi, virus and nematode, integrated pest management, harvesting, threshing, post-harvest technology, storage, processing and marketing, and major production constraints) of following crops:
- Cereals: Paddy, Wheat, maize.
- Pluses: pigeon pea, gram, lentil, pea mung bean, red bean.
- Oilseeds: Groundnut, rapeseed and mustard, Linseed, sunflower.
- Cash crops: Sugarcane, jute.
- Fooder and forage crops: Sorghum, maize, oat, Napier grass bersee
- Definition of weeds, Characteristics of weeds, Harmful and beneficial effects of weeds.
- Crop-weed competition,
- Weed management: Principles, mechanical, cultural, chemical, biological, integrated weed management.
Recent Trends in Agriculture:
Organic farming, Integrated farming system, recycling of plant nutrients, precision farming, watershed management, groundwater recharge, targeted yield concept.
- Major economic problems in agriculture.
- Role and share of agriculture in the state economy.
- Land use classification.
- Land distribution and size of the holding.
- Area, production, and productivity of major crops in the state with reference to the country.
- Marketing of agricultural produce, cooperative farming, corporate farming, contract farming, integrated value chain
- Crop rotation, sequential cropping, mixed cropping, intercropping, parallel cropping multi-storied cropping, multiple cropping, cropping system/cropping pattern, cropping intensity.
- Important cropping system for the rainfed and irrigated ecosystem of Bihar.
Soil and Water Management:
- Water requirement, Irrigation requirement, the concept of irrigation scheduling.
- Field capacity, permanent wilting point, plant available water.
- Method of irrigation. – Importance of drainage, drainage methods.
- Problem soils and its management saline-alkaline, acid soil, and waterlogged (Diara and Tal)
- Importance of fruits and vegetables in the human diet.
- Area & production of horticultural crops and their future prospects.
- Classification of horticultural crops according to climatic adaption and economic use.
- Planting system, high-density orchard, training, pruning, intercropping, and rejuvenation of fruit trees.
- Protection from frost and sunburn
- Plant propagation and nursery management.
- Establishment of new orchards and their layout.
- Cultivation of major fruit crops :
- Mango, Papaya, Banana, Guava, Citrus, Litchi, Strawberry, Coconut, Aonla, Ber, Jack fruit.
Preservation Of Fruits And Vegetables:
- Principles and Methods of Fruit and Vegetable Preservation.
- Preparation of Fruit Squash, Jellies, Jams, Ketchup, Chips, Pickles, And Their Packing.
- Extension education: Definition, Scope, Objective, Importance.
- Extension methods and tools.
- Cultivation practices of major vegetables
- Radish, Carrot, Sugar beet, Potato, Onion, Garlic, Chillies, Cauliflower, Brinjal, Tomato, Spinach, Cabbage, Elephant foot yam, Colocasia, Corriender, Pointed gourd, Bottle gourd, Bitter gourd, Sponge gourd and Cucumber, Bhindi, Cowpea, French bean, Pea.
- Nutritional kitchen gardening.
Flowers, Medicinal and Aromatic Plants:
- Cultivation of Chrysanthemums, Roses, Dahlia, Marigold, and Tuberose, Gladiolus.
- Cultivation of ornamental shrubs, avenue trees, and climbers.
- Cultivation of Menthe, Lemongrass, Citronella.
- Introduction of medicinal plants