CMI Admission 2023 Application Form will be Releasing on 1st March 2023 for UG & PG Courses. Chennai Mathematical Institute, (CMI) is pivoted on its teaching and research in the field of mathematical sciences. CMI is overseen by the leading board which is based on major people.
CMI is a public-private corporation concerning research and education in India. Chennai Mathematical Institute is a heart of fineness for education and exploration in the mathematical sciences.
It handles the entrance exam to give way to students gaining entry in undergraduate and postgraduate level courses. The institute put forward Ph.D. courses to students as well. Below in this article, we have provided all the information regarding the CMI Admission 2023 Important Dates, Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, and Admission Procedure.
CMI Admission 2023 Notification – Application Releasing on 1st Mar.
CMI Admission 2023 Application Form will be Releasing on 1st March 2023 for UG & PG Courses. Click here to Apply. The link will be provided here.
CMI 2023 Important Dates
Below we have provided all the information regarding the CMI 2023 Important Dates:
|Availability of Application Form||1st March 2023|
|Last Date of Submission of Application||June 2023|
|CMI Admit Card||July 2023|
|CMI Chennai Exam Date||7th May 2023|
|Declaration of Result||August 2023|
|Commencement of Classes||September 2023|
CMI 2023 Application Form
- CMI Admission 2023 Application Form will be Releasing on 1st March 2023 for UG & PG Courses.
- Applicants are suggested to filled the details of the application form and then make the final submission.
- The applicants will not be in a position to change the details of the application form.
- Aspirants can apply by way of online and offline by getting hold of CMI entrance exam printed application form by dispatching or individually
- To come into possession of the CMI Application Form, the applicants will be compelled to send the demand draft from any bank.
- If the applicant pays via DD, the application fee is referred together with a printed Payment Advice produced by the process of the application form.
- The application fees must be paid with the use of Demand Draft to the advantage of the Chennai Mathematical Institute, represented at any bank, billed at Chennai.
- The CMI Application Fee is not refundable.
Courses Offered by CMI 2023
- B.Sc (Hons) in Mathematics and Computer Science.
- B.Sc (Hons) in Mathematics and Physics.
- M.Sc in Mathematics.
- M.Sc in Applications of Mathematics.
- M.Sc in Computer Science.
- Ph.D. in Mathematics.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science.
- Ph.D. in Physics.
|M.Sc & Ph.D.||Rs 1000 or Rs 1200|
CMI 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates need to read the full eligibility criteria of CMI, candidates who fail to know criteria that affect them at the time of taking admission into different courses.
Candidates have to fulfill all requirements of CMI 2023 eligibility criteria. Check here the eligibility criteria for different courses for CMI 2023.
For B.Sc Programme
Applicants who have now cleared, or supposed to take a step in 2023, Class 12 or equal examination from a known board are qualified for admission in the program.
The applicant should complete the 12th or equal examination from a familiar board. Applicants who are turning up for the qualifying examination in March 2023 will also be taken in to account.
Applicant should have an undergraduate degree
- BA, B.Sc, BE, B.Tech, etc. in Mathematics for an entry in M.Sc Mathematics, in Computer Science for admission into M.Sc Computer Science, and in mathematics/statistics/computer science for an entry in M.Sc Data Science.
Applicant should have the degree
- B.E. /B.Tech/ B.Sc.(Math)/ M.Sc.(Math) to apply for Ph.D. Mathematics
Applicant should have the degree
- B.E/ B.Tech/ M.Sc.(C.S.)/ M.C.A for applying in Ph.D. Computer Science.
Applicant should have a degree
- B.E./ B.Tech/ B.Sc.(Physics)/ M.Sc.(Physics) for applying to Ph.D. Physics.
CMI 2023 Exam Pattern
The CMI 2023 exam pattern is specified for the benefit of the approaching applicants. According to the exam pattern of Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI)-
- The time extent of the exam is 3 hours
- Pen and Paper mode is the attribute of this examination.
- The questions appear with the Objective and Subjective approach.
|Subjects|| No. of Questions
(Part A & B)
|BSc (Hons) Mathematics &
Mathematics & Physics
|Part A – 10 to 11 Questions
Part B – 6 Questions
|40 to 44 Marks
81 to 85 Marks
|Part A – 10 Questions
Part B – 7 Questions
|Part A – 10 Questions
Part B – 10 Questions
|Ph.D. Physics||5 Question||20 Marks (Each)||100 Marks|
CMI 2023 Admission/ Selection
Selection for all Ph.D. programs will take in an interview at Chennai. For all additional Programmes, an interview will be organized as per the decision of the Admissions Committee which possibly can summon the skilled candidates for an interview liable on their preceding academic background.
CMI 2023 Admit Card
Admit Card will only be existing at the official website aimed at eligible applicants who have presented their application forms on the expected date.
Applicants are made aware to examine the niceties like the name of the students, exam center, exam dates, etc.
on the printed admit card. Admit Card will not be dispatched through the post to the candidates, so no correspondence in this regard will be considered.
How to Download Admit Card
- Go to the official website or go for the direct link provided above in this article.
- Applicants will have to make use of registration ID to access their hall ticket.
- The details are submitted with the “Submit” option
- They would have to keep the admit card safe with them till the conclusion of the entrance exam.
CMI 2023 Result
Applicants will be enrolled on account of their accomplishment in the entrance examination which takes place in Mid – May 2023.
The institute will announce the entrance exam results just following the end of the exam. CMI Chennai Result anticipated for B.Sc (Hons) Mathematics and Computer Science, B.Sc (Hons) Mathematics, Physics, and M.Sc (Mathematics, Computer Science & Data Science) and Ph.D. will be accessible on the website.
Consequently, the candidates appearing this year in the entrance test will be adept to check the result by sticking to the steps below-
- The CMI 2023 Result will be declared on the official website through online mode.
- For downloading the result, there have to be some details to be logged in- date of birth
- Submit the detail and take out the resulting print.
- Preserve it for future indication.
How to Fill CMI 2023 Application Form
There are places where students are not arbitrated by how skilled they are at cracking 60 MCQs or how steadfast in doing enormously intricate calculations.
It’s somewhat like how much profound your grasp in the region of the theory of Mathematics. Hence, It is paramount to come together in the subsequent areas for the entrance exam-
- Applicants need to be scrupulous in linear algebra and real analysis.
- They must be able to write a difficult proof featuring in major theorems.
- They need to take a crack at several applicable Olympiad questions persistently and also brush up all appropriate theorems, lemmas, and corollaries from good books
- Number Theory
- Combinatorics (Same for 2 & 3)
- Geometry / Co-ordinate Geometry, as these are not like JEE questions