The Joint Entrance Examination – Advanced (JEE Advanced), erstwhile Asian nation Institutes of Technology Joint Exam (IIT-JEE) is an associate degree annual engineering faculty exam in India. It’s used because of the sole admission check by the twenty-three Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs). The examination is union every year by one in all the varied IITs, on a spherical robin rotation pattern. It’s an awfully low admission rate (about ten,000 in 660,000 in 2012), and was therefore recognized mutually of the toughest examinations within the world.
In 2013 the communication, originally referred to as the IITJEE, was renamed as JEE – Advanced, in conjunction with the AIEEE being renamed JEE – Main. From 2017, IITs can begin conducting JEE internationally to provide admission to international students.
History of IIT JEE Advanced Examination:
The first IIT, IIT Kharagpur, started in 1951. Within the initial few years (1951-1954) students were admitted on the idea of their educational results followed by associate degree Interviews in many Centers across the country. From 1955-1959 admission was via associate degree all Republic of India examination command just for IIT Kharagpur (other IITs had not started by then). Branches were assigned through Interviews/counseling command at Kharagpur.
Latest Applications For Various UG & PG Courses Open 2024
- LPU 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- Amrita B.Tech 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- CIMP Patna 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- IIAD 2024, Delhi | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- JIMS Rohini 2024, Delhi | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- GIBS, Bangalore | PGDM Applications Open. Package upto 15.5 LPA. Apply Now
- Amrita MBA 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- KIIT School of Management | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
The common IIT-JEE was conducted for the primary time in 1960, once it had four subjects as well as associate degree West Germanic paper. The examination since evolved significantly from its initial pattern. The IIT-JEE was at the start known as the Common entrance examination (CEE); its creation coincided thereupon of the 1961 IIT Act.
In 1997, the IIT-JEE was conducted double once the question paper was leaked in some centers.
Between 2000 and 2005, a further screening takes a look at was used aboard the most examination, supposed to cut back pressure on the most examination by permitting solely regarding twenty,000 high candidates to take a seat the paper, out of quite 450,000 candidates.
In Sep 2005, associate degree analysis cluster of administrators of all the IITs proclaimed major reforms to the examination. These were enforced from 2006 forrader. The revised take a look at consists of one objective take a look at, replacement the sooner two-test system. To be eligible for the most examination, candidates within the general class had to secure a minimum of hour collective marks within the qualifying examination of the XIIth customary organized by varied academic boards of the Republic of India, whereas candidates happiness to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Physically Disabled (PD) classes should secure a minimum of fifty-fifth.
In 2008, the Director and also the Dean of IIT Madras immersed revisions to the examination, a difference of opinion that the employment institutes were “enabling several among the less-than-best students to crack the take a look at and keeping women from qualifying.” They expressed concern that the current system failed to leave applicants’ twelve years of schooling to possess an effect on admissions into IITs.
In 2008, the Indian Institutes of Technology, for the primary time, went overseas with their examination as they established a center for the competitive take a look at in Dubai. Several candidates showing in Dubai hovered around two hundred to 220.
Through JEE (Advanced), IITs provide admission into undergrad courses resulting in a Bachelor’s, Integrated Masters or Bachelor-Master twin Degree in Engineering, Sciences, design, or medicine. each Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees area unit awarded to candidates listed within the twin degree programs upon undefeated completion of the course syllabus. in an exceedingly few of the IITs, students listed into the 4-year Bachelor’s program have the choice to convert to B.Tech. (Honors) and/or B.Tech. with Minors. the categories of educational programs offered at IITs and their minimum period area unit given within the next page.
Latest Applications For Various UG & PG Courses Open 2024
- KSRM 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- GNIOT 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- The Design Village, Noida | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- IMS Ghaziabad, Ghaziabad | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- GNA University 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- Narayana Business School, Ahmedabad| Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
However, not all programs and courses area unit on the market altogether the institutes. The relevant programs and courses offered in the 2017 area unit given in LIST of COURSES OFFERED IN 2017. The courses which will be offered in 2017 are proclaimed at the time of seat allocation (i.e., filling-in of decisions for admission).
The programs area unit credit-based and so provide the pliability to progress at one’s own pace. A minimum level of performance is important for satisfactory progress. The medium of instruction is English.
Name of Degree & Duration:
- B.Tech.as Bachelor of Technology is for 4 Years.
- as Bachelor of Science is for 4 Years.
- as Bachelor of Pharmaceutics is for 4 Years.
- as Bachelor of Architecture is for 5 Years.
- Dual Degree B.Tech.-M.Tech. as a twin degree Bachelor of Technology and Master of Technology is for 5 Years.
- Dual Degree B.S. – M.S. as a twin degree Bachelor of Science and Master of Science is for 5 Years.
- Dual Degree B.Pharm.-M.Pharm as Dual Degree Bachelor of Pharmaceutics and Master of Pharmaceutics is for 5 Years.
- Integrated Dual Degree M.Pharm. as Integrated Dual Degree Master of Pharmaceutics is for 5 Years.
- Integrated M.Tech. Integrated Master of Technology is for 5 Years.
- Integrated M.Sc. as Integrated Master of Science is for 5 Years.
Only those academic programs for which admission is based on JEE (Advanced) examination are shown here
Types of Seats:
Institutes have varied forms of seats for the candidates supported their (birth) classes, presence or absence of incapacity and status.
- Reservation of Seats:
Indian nationals happiness to sure classes square measure admitted below the seats reserved for them following the foundations of the govt. of Asian nations. The classes and also the extent of reservation square measure as follows:
Other Backwards categories happiness to the Non-Creamy Layer (OBC-NCL)
Scheduled Caste (SC)
Scheduled Tribe (ST)
Persons with incapacity (PwD)
Candidate’s happiness to the OBC-NCL, SC, ST, and PwD classes is declared as qualified on the premise of relaxed criteria. See Rank Lists.
The class of a candidate as entered within the information, which can be created accessible by the JEE Apex Board [which conducts JEE (Main) 2017 examination], are final and requests for modification of class won’t be pleased.
- Defense Service Candidates:
Defense Service (DS) candidates square measure kids of defense / paramilitary personnel killed or for good disabled in action throughout war or time operations. 2 seat square measure accessible for discriminatory allotment in every Institute for DS candidates. To avail of this discriminatory allotment, a DS candidate should be within the Common Rank List of JEE (Advanced) 2017.
DS candidates should be declared this data throughout JEE (Advanced) 2017 registration.
- Foreign Nationals:
Candidates those who don’t seem to be voters of Asian nation (by birth or naturalized), don’t belong to OCI/PIO class, and whose oldsters don’t seem to be voters of Asian nation and don’t come back below OCI/PIO class at the time of registering for JEE (Advanced) 2017 square measure treated as foreign nationals. Seats assigned to foreign nationals square measure supernumerary with a cap of 100% of the total range of seats in each course. However, the seats assigned to OCI/PIO card holders are below OPEN class, however not supernumerary.
Foreign nationals square measure outside the range of reservation of seats below the OBC-NCL, SC, ST and PwD classes as given herein.