KSET 2023 Notification will be released soon. The University of Mysore, which has been organizing the KSET 2023 exam. The KSET Application Form 2023 will be released on 3rd February 2023. The Moulya Bhavan is that the University of Mysore can tempt willing aspirants to finish the KSET application procedures. The Karnataka State Eligibility Test (KSET) 2023 is about to be ruled within the month of October for enrolling in Lecturer and Assistant professorship 2023.
This article specified detailed examination information. The KSET notification can seem on the website of the university from the second week of Oct 2023. Those serious regarding attending the KSET examination can undergo application procedures.
KSET 2023 Notification: To be Released
KSET 2023 Notification will be released soon. Click here to check information broucher. The link will be provided here.
KSET Highlights 2023:
|Name of Exam||KSET 2023|
|KSET Full-Form||Karnataka State Eligibility Test|
|Type of Exam||State Eligibility Test|
|Level of Exam||State Level|
|Organizing Body||University of Mysore|
|Mode of Application||Online Mode|
|Mode of Exam||Offline Mode|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
|Exam Date||To be announced|
KSET Exam 2023 Quick Links:
|Application / Registration||Click Here|
|Exam Pattern||Click Here|
|Admit Card||Click Here|
|Exam Centers||Click Here|
|Answer Key||Click Here|
|Contact Number||Click Here|
KSET 2023 Dates:
|KSET 2023 Notification Release Date||06th February 2023|
|Starting Date of Application Form Submission||08th February 2023|
|Closing Date of Application Form||07th March 2023|
|Submission of online application with late fee of Rs.250/-||13th March 2023|
|Last date for submission of hard copy of the application : 15th March 2023 form along with Attendance Slip to the respective Nodal Centers.||15 June 2023|
|Application Correction||10th & 11th March 2023|
|KSET Admit Card 2023 Release Date||Few days before Exam|
|KSET 2023 Exam Date||25th July|
|KSET 2023 Result Declaration Date||4th Week of June 2023|
KSET Application Form 2023:
The Moulya Bhavan, University of Mysore are entitled with the responsibility to get the KSET application schedules for Lecturer and prof in October 2023.
Those aspiring for these posts can ought to 1st complete the web application form before the top of registration.
The officials can organize the KSET Examination within the last week of Dec 2023 at completely different examination centers. So, willing candidates would require coming into necessary details like name, category, parent’s name, qualification and far additional on the appliance form.
It is notified that students should be aware of the fee structure of the KSET Examination.
Those paying the fee late can submit Rs.250.
KSET Application Fees:
|Cat-IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB||INR. 950/-|
|Cat-I, SC, ST, PWD (VH/PH)||INR. 650/-|
Mode of payment:
By clicking on the Payment button at KSET site, select the payment category (General/Cat
IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB/ Cat-I, SC, ST, PWD) and enter the data in all the fields available
carefully. Verify the details entered and amount to be paid and proceed to make payment
via State Bank MOPS (Multi Option Payment System).
a. All banks Internet Banking
b. All banks Debit Card
c. All banks Credit Card
d. State bank Buddy e-Wallet Payment
e. Cash payment can be done by clicking SBI branch, challan can be generated online
and payment can be made at all the SBI branches PAN India (Cash/only SBI cheques
1. Fee submitted by any other mode like Money Order /Demand Draft/IPO etc., will NOT be
2. Fee once paid will NOT be refunded under any circumstances.
Applicants those who are collaborating within the State Eligibility test 2023 ought to meet eligibility criteria brought by the authority.
1. Candidates who have secured at least 55% of marks (without rounding off) for general category and 50% for Schedule Category (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST),Persons with Disability (PWD), OBCs i.e., Cat-I, IIA, IIB, IIIA and IIIB, in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities / institutions recognized by UGC New Delhi, in the subjects opted for KSET.
2. Candidates who are pursuing their Master’s Degree (First or Second Semester) or equivalent course or candidates who have appeared for their Master’s Degree (Final Year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and for those who clear the KSET, eligibility certificate will be issued only on production of proof for having passed the Master’s degree or equivalent examination securing at least 55% marks (50% in case of SC, ST, OBC i.e., Cat- I, IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB) and PWD candidates) within two years from the date of KSET result, failing which they will be treated as disqualified.
3. Candidates shall appear for KSET in their relevant subject of their post-graduation only, in case the candidate did not find the subject of his/her post-graduation in the list of KSET subjects, the candidate may appear in UGC-NET / UGC-CSIR NET which is held twice a year.
4. The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September, 1991 (irrespective of date of declaration of result), shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e. from 55% to 50%) for appearing in SET.
5. Candidates other than general category are required to mention their reservation status in the online application form. The category certificates issued by the competent authorities on or before the last date for submission of online application form.[for SC, ST, CAT-I, IIA, IIB, IIIA and IIIB candidates only]. In case their ineligibility is detected due to invalid certificate by the KSET authority at any stage, their candidature will be cancelled without prior notice and they shall be liable for legal action.
6. The candidates of other states except Karnataka, belonging to OBCs (SC, ST & Other Backward Classes) categories shall be treated as General Merit [GM] only. As per the reservation policy of Karnataka Government.
7. Candidates should note that their candidature is provisional. The mere fact that admission to the examination will not imply that the KSET center has finally accepted his/her candidature. Candidates may note that candidature will be deemed final only upon fulfilling of eligibility conditions.
8. Candidate who became eligible in Previous KSETs are not eligible to apply again in the same subject. If any candidate found to be eligible in previous KSET tests and reappearing on same subject in current KSET, their candidature will be cancelled and the previous eligibility is withdrawn through de-notification.
9. Candidates with post-graduate diploma/certificate awarded by Indian University/Institute or foreign degree/diploma/certificate awarded by the foreign University/ Institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma/degree/certificate with Master’s degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi(www.aiu.ac.in).
KSET Syllabus 2023:
SYLLABUS AND QUESTION PAPER FOR KSET:
a) Syllabus: Syllabi for all the KSET subjects can be downloaded from the KSET
b) In case of any discrepancy found in the Kannada translation of a question booklet the question in English version shall be taken as final.
Subjects & Syllabus of KSET: All questions of Paper – II will be compulsory, covering entire
syllabus of Paper – II. Syllabi for all KSET subjects can be downloaded from the KSET website http://kset.uni-mysore.ac.in. The list of 41 subjects for which examination will be conducted by
KSET along with their respective codes and the medium of question paper setting is given below:
|Subject Code||Subject||Medium of Question Paper|
|01||Commerce||English & Kannada|
|03||Economics(I)||English & Kannada|
|05||Political Science||English & Kannada|
|06||History||English & Kannada|
|07||Sociology||English & Kannada|
|08||Geography||English & Kannada|
|10||Management (II)||English & Kannada|
|11||Tourism Administration and Management||English & Kannada|
|12||Education||English & Kannada|
|13||Library & Information Science||English|
|14||Mass Communication & Journalism||English & Kannada|
|15||Psychology||English & Kannada|
|16||Social work||English & Kannada|
|17||Criminology||English & Kannada|
|18||Law||English & Kannada|
|20||Physical Education||English & Kannada|
|21||Folk Literature (III)||English & Kannada|
|24||Computer Science & Applications||English|
|25||Physical Sciences (IV)||English|
|26||Mathematical Sciences (V)||English|
|27||Chemical Sciences (VI)||English|
|28||Life Sciences (VII)||English|
|32||Earth Sciences (VIII)||English|
|33||Archaeology (IX)||English & Kannada|
|34||Anthropology||English & Kannada|
|36||Philosophy||English & Kannada|
|37||Women Studies (X)||English & Kannada|
|38||Linguistics||English & Kannada|
|39||Performing Arts||English & Kannada|
|40||Music||English & Kannada|
|41||Visual Arts||English & Kannada|
Note: Candidates should possess Masters Degree or any other equivalent examination from
Universities / Institutions recognized by UGC New Delhi in the subject opted for KSET.
(I) The candidates who have completed / appearing in their two-year master’s degree
in Economics / Co-operation & other related subjects can also take KSET under
(II) The candidates who have completed / appearing in their two-year master’s degree /
PG Diploma in Management & other related subjects can also take KSET under
(III) The candidates who have completed / appearing in their two-year master’s degree
in folklore, Kannada, Janapada, Kannada Janapada, Janapadasahithya, & other
related subjects can also take KSET under “Folklore”.
(IV) The candidates who have completed/ appearing in their two-year master’s degree
in Physics/Electronics/Atomic & Molecular Physics/Classical Dynamics/
Condensed matter Physics/Electromagnetic/ Experimental Design/Nuclear, Space
& Particle Physics /Quantum Physics /Thermodynamics, Astronomy, Astrophysics,
Material Science and other related subjects can take KSET under “Physical
(V) The candidates who have completed/ appearing in their two-year master’s degree
in Pure Mathematics / Statistics / Applied Mathematics, Mathematics with
computer science & other related subjects can take KSET under “Mathematical
(VI) The candidates who have completed/ appearing in their two-year master’s degree
in Chemistry / Chemical Sciences / Analytical Chemistry / Inorganic Chemistry /
Organic Chemistry / Physical Chemistry / Medicinal Chemistry / Applied
Chemistry / Nuclear Chemistry / Environmental Chemistry / Marine Chemistry /
Pharmaceutical Chemistry / Bio-organic Chemistry & other related subjects can
take KSET under “Chemical Sciences”.
(VII) The candidates who have completed / appearing in their two-year master’s degree
in Biochemistry / Biology / Biotechnology / Biodiversity & Taxonomy / Botany /
Genetics / Microbiology / Physiology/ Zoology / Fishery science / Animal Biology
/ Marine Biology / Applied Genetics & other related can take KSET under “Life
(VIII) The candidates who have completed/appearing in their two-year master’s degree in
Geology / Applied Geology / Geo-physics / Meteorology / Oceanography /
Physical Geography / Earth Science / Earth & Atmospheric Science / Earth Science
Resource Management / Marine Geology / Petroleum Geology / Geo-informatics /
GIS / Applied Geochemistry / Geography & other related subjects can take KSET
under “Earth Sciences”.
(IX) The candidates who have completed / appearing in their two-year master’s degree
in Archeology, Ancient History and Archeology, History and Archeology,
Epigraphy, Culture and Archeology & other related subjects can also take KSET
(X) The candidates who have completed / appearing in their two-year master’s degree
in Women Studies. The candidates with Master’s Degree in Humanities (including languages) and Social Sciences are eligible to appear in subject “Women Studies”.
Note: Please note that students who have passed post graduate examination in more
than one subject can appear for KSET only in one subject at a time. Subject
once selected is final and will not be allowed for change of subject under any
KSET Exam Pattern 2023
SCHEME AND DATE OF TEST:
The test will be consisting of two papers. Both the papers will consist of only
objective type Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQs). The test will be held on 11th April (Sunday)
2023, in two separate sessions as mentioned below:
|No. of Questions||Duration|
|First||I||100||50 Compulsory questions||1 Hour (09.30 A.M to 10.30
|Second||II||200||100 Compulsory questions||2 Hours (11.00 A.M to 1.00
P.M) KSET Admit Card 2023
Paper-I: Shall consist of 50 objective type compulsory questions each carrying 2 marks. The
questions which will be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the
candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent
thinking and general awareness of the candidate.
Paper – II: Shall consist of 100 objective type compulsory questions each carrying 2 marks which
will be based on the subject selected by the candidate.
The candidate will have to mark the responses for questions of Paper-I and Paper – II on the
Optical Marks Reader (OMR) Sheet provided along with the test booklet.
KSET Admit Card 2023
Admit Card is an important document that covers some important pieces of knowledge like test timing, place, venue, student’s roll no, etc.
The higher authority of examination is going to be released on the official portal.
KSET 2023 examination is regular to be conducted within the last week of Dec 2023 at several exam centers.
Those who registered for the exam’s application are going to be downloading the admit card ten days before the examination.
KSET Result 2023
Registered candidates are going to be provided with KSET 2023 Result with the visit on the official web site.
The KSET 2023 result/scorecard is issued through the choice of officials at Moulya Bhavan, the University of Mysore by an obtainable link on the net page.
KSET 2023 result is expected to be hosted within the month of January 2023, aspirants ought to check the result providing your roll no and date of birth. The downloaded copy of the scorecard for KSET 2023 is going to be used throughout counseling.
ALSO READ: KSET CONTACT HELPLINE NUMBER
KSET Test Centers:
The Eleven KSET Centers where test will be conducted in Karnataka State with their
respective codes are given below. The candidate can select any one Test Center for
|Sl NO||Centre Name||Centre Code|
NOTE: PLEASE NOTE THAT TEST CENTER ONCE SELECTED IS FINAL AND
CHANGE OF CENTER WILL NOT BE ALLOWED UNDER ANY
KSET Counseling 2023
The KSET 2023 counseling can contain many stages like registration, alternative filling, document verification, seat distribution which needs by students to realize for a course.
To participate within the KSET admission, aspirants can log in to the web site with vital details.
After the registration for counseling, it will need to take the system in hand by giving alternatives in terms of all.
Based on the merit list, aspirants are picked up for the counseling and lots of alternative stages.
The priority is going to be against those securing low marks within the examination.
The collaborating students should produce an appropriate document at the time of verification. Otherwise, they’re going to be dismissed.