The literacy rate of Assam is 73.18% as per census 2011. Below we have provided the complete information related to Law admission in Assam 2023.
Candidates those wishing to get admission in the state colleges and university of Assam can appear either in national level entrance exams or university level entrance exams.
NLET (Law Entrance Test) is a university level entrance exam through which interested candidates can appear in the exam and get admission into the university.
Candidates get admission into law courses on the basis of the national level entrance test. The national level entrance exams are CLAT (Common Law Admission Test) and LSAT (Law School Admission Test) through which candidates can get admission.
However, few private & state universities organize their own entrance test to provide admission into law courses. Some colleges offer direct admission in their campuses on the basis of 12th class marks.
ALSO READ: Top Law Courses & Universities after 12th
Top Law Colleges in Assam
Candidates can pursue integrated, bachelor, master & doctoral degree in the field of law from the various state colleges of Assam.
Some of the top law colleges in Assam are:
National Law University and Judicial Academy,
Assam, NEF Law College,
Jorhat Law College,
Dibrugarh, and many more.
Law Admission 2023
- Candidate should belong to Indian national.
- No age limit to appear in the exam.
- Candidate should clear the 12th or its equivalent exam from a recognized board with 50% aggregate marks (45% for SC/ST candidates) for admission to UG course.
- Candidates should posses the LL.B or equivalent degree from any recognized institution/university for admission in LL.M course.
- Final year candidates are also eligible to apply.
Applicants gets selected on the basis of their performance in the entrance exam. Applicants are called for the counselling procedure as per their ranks.
Applicants have to register on the respective counselling website to attend the counselling by paying the counselling fee.
Applicants have to carry the original documents at the time of the document verification process. After the payment, candidates will be asked to enter their college & course choices.
On the basis of the rank & choice preferences, the seat are allotted to the candidates. Applicants have to report the allotted colleges within a given time period along with seat allotment letter.
Applicants must carry these documents in original for the document verification procedure at the counselling center for admission.
- Graduation Degree
- Graduation Marksheets
- Provisional Certificates
- Entrance Exam Admit Card and Rank Card
- 10th Mark Sheet and Passing Certificate
- 12th Mark Sheet and Passing Certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- Category Certificate
- Passport Size Photographs