High Salary Merchant Navy Courses After 12th: The opportunity to travel around the world and the lure of adventure on the high seas, besides the chance of high remunerations attracts many youngsters to create a career within the merchant Navy. Merchant Navy is completely different from the navy within the sense that it offers commercial services, as opposed to the navy, that is largely concerned within the defense of a nation.
The merchant Navy is the backbone of international trade, carrying cargo all over the world. merchant ships employ a huge variety of workers to carry and deliver goods from one country to a different. Without the merchant navy, much of the import-export business would come to a grinding halt!
A career within the merchant navy is considered a glamorous job, especially by the people who are bitten by the travel bug. It offers an opportunity to visit new and exotic places all around the globe. merchant Navy career isn’t solely monetarily rewarding however additionally satisfying and quite challenging.
Merchant Navy Eligibility Criteria:
The eligibility for joining the merchant navy is finishing class twelve with Physics, Chemistry, and mathematics.
Candidates ought to be unmarried Indian citizens (male or female).
Normal vision is needed but glasses up to plus or minus 2.5 could also be allowed.
Admission is through an entrance followed by a screening test and a main written examination.
After clearing the test, there is an interview and a medical test.
You also ought to complete a ship-training course before employment. The course is mostly short-term where the candidates are instructed basic security issues of voyaging.
Latest Applications For Various UG & PG Courses Open 2024
- LPU 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- Amrita B.Tech 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- CIMP Patna 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- IIAD 2024, Delhi | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- JIMS Rohini 2024, Delhi | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- GIBS, Bangalore | PGDM Applications Open. Package upto 15.5 LPA. Apply Now
- Amrita MBA 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- KIIT School of Management | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
For more information on You tube videos about your career counseling CLICK HERE:
List of Merchant Navy Courses:
How to Join Merchant Navy After 12th:
- E. Naval Architecture and Offshore Engineering
- E. Petroleum Engineering
- E. Civil Engineering
- E. Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Sc. Nautical Science
- E. Marine Engineering
- E. Mechanical Engineering
- E. Harbour & Ocean Engineering
- Sc. Marine Catering
- Electro-Technical Officer Course
How to Join Merchant Navy After 10th:
- Diploma in Nautical Science (DNS)
- Near Coastal Voyage (NCV)
- Commercial Diving
- P. Rating
Career options in Merchant Navy After 12th:
- Ratings – Ratings are skilled seafarers who help all the officers with daily tasks
- Deck officer (navigation officer)
- Electro-technical officer (ETO)
- Catering & hospitality crew (pursers, stewards, chef, housekeeper, etc.)
Entrance Exams for Merchant Navy:
After completion of 12th class, interested candidates can appear for the Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test (IMU CET) or the All India Merchant Navy exam.
This exam is generally conducted within the month of May. The other exams that may additionally serve as a gateway for Marine Engineering are JEE, MERI entrance exam, TIMSAT.
10th for GP Rating Course.
For Deck cadet and Engine cadet: 10+2 with PCM 60%.
Application for the exam may be done on-line. together with the application form, candidates ought to submit a brief summary of one hundred words that states why they need to apply for Merchant Navy. This test is an MCQ pattern test spanning over subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English, general knowledge and Reasoning.
Merchant Navy Salary:
In the merchant Navy, the salary will vary from anywhere between Rs.12000 to Rs.8 lakhs per month though the pay structure differs from company to company, city to city, the export-import needs, seniority, etc. All crew members and officers are given free meals on board and senior officers will take on their wives for the voyage.
A Junior Engineer on a ship will earn around Rs. 30,000 per month with free boarding and lodging while signed on board the vessel. the next level is of Second Engineer and finally, Chief Engineer on a ship. As you keep obtaining promoted, your wage will increase considerably.
A Chief Engineer at sea earns Rs. 1.5 lakhs per month or more web of taxes. It takes concerning 6-7 years for a Junior Engineer Officer to urge promoted to the rank of Chief Engineer, depending on individual capabilities and job opportunities available.
A Third Officer’s salary is around Rs. 50,000 per month and free boarding and lodging while on board. Next levels in increasing order of seniority are Second Officer, a Chief Officer and Captain of a ship. A Captain’s pay package is Rs. 2 lakhs per month or more net of taxes. It takes about eight years for a 3rd Officer to urge promoted to the rank of Captain, counting on individual capabilities and also the job opportunities available.
Besides this, imported liquor, cigarettes, canned foods, cosmetics are available onboard duty-free. They’re additionally entitled to four-month leave every year. The interesting fact is that there’s no income tax return obligatory on the earnings of a bourgeois navy skilled.
Life in the merchant navy maybe adventurous for all those with wanderlust. The long periods of solitude, however, the chance to see the world and get paid while doing so, simply can’t be argued with.
ALSO READ: AVIATION COURSES AFTER 12TH
Latest Applications For Various UG & PG Courses Open 2024
- KSRM 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- GNIOT 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- The Design Village, Noida | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- IMS Ghaziabad, Ghaziabad | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- GNA University 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- Narayana Business School, Ahmedabad| Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
Top 5 Best Merchant Navy Books:
BOOKS FOR MERCHANT NAVY COURSES
NOTE: Want more information about career guidance after 12th std. Just go for our career guidance page or click on the direct link given below. CAREER COUNSELING: CLICK HERE >>>