The NMAT is the popular entrance examination, which is also referred to as NMIMS (Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies) Management Aptitude Test, and the NMAT examination is managed through GMAC, which is popularly known as Graduate Management Admission Council. Those candidates are appearing for the examination of GMAT to induce admission within the graduate management programs; they’ll fill the application form through online mode.
The NMAT Examination is facilitated in many of the participating colleges of India for candidates to give this examination and on the basis of the performance of candidates, the admission is provided to the candidates in graduate management programs. From this article, the candidates will get the entire details of NMAT in which includes NMAT exam pattern, exam centers 2022.
NMAT 2022 Exam Pattern:
GMAC, the NMAT conducting body, has released the NMAT exam pattern for the convenience of the test takers to understand the changed structure of NMAT exam, and prepare accordingly. NMAT exam pattern is similar to other leading national level MBA entrance exams like CAT and XAT. After following similar pattern during last 5 years, NMAT by GMAC exam pattern was changed last year due to Covid 19 pandemic. However, the exam will remain a computer based test with MCQ types of questions divided into three sections.
Key Changes in NMAT Exam Pattern:
NMAT exam pattern has been substantially changed. The exam will have fewer questions as compared to previous years. All the questions will be equally divided into three sections with a changed time limit for each section. Following are the key changes in NMAT Exam Pattern 2022 as compared to earlier exams:
Moderate Difficulty Level Exam:
The NMAT by GMAC exam pattern is of moderate difficulty level. NMAT Exam 2022 does not have negative marking. The NMAT test takers can expect a good score in NMAT exam.
One of the key attractions in NMAT paper pattern is the facility to retake the NMAT exam in case the NMAT exam score in first attempt is not satisfactory. You can view your results in 48 hours of appearing in the exam and then decide to apply to business school or retake the test depending on your comfort with the results you’ve obtained.
NMAT 2022 Exam Pattern:
There are three sections in NMAT exam pattern 2022. The sections are Language Skills, Quantitative Skills and Logical Reasoning. The NMAT Exam Pattern also prescribes that all the three sections in NMAT exam are individually timed. Besides there is no negative marking in NMAT by GMAC 2022 exam pattern.
NMAT by GMAC Exam Pattern 2022: Sectional composition
NMAT paper pattern has three sections. The number of questions in each section of NMAT 2022 paper pattern are equal. Earlier they used to be different. The NMAT paper pattern expects you to attempt the sectional questions within the allotted time limit which is different for each section. Below are shared the key components, number of questions and allotted time in NMAT pattern 2022:
Number of questions
Allotted time in minutes
Scaled scores in NMAT Exam 2022:
Questions in the NMAT by GMAC exam are selected from the question pool for each examinee based on his or her performance on the questions previously answered. The questions which a candidate receives are targeted at his or her ability level; therefore, a high- scoring candidate generally receives a more difficult sample of questions than a low- scoring candidate. The NMAT by GMAC exam is scored by first obtaining the candidate’s final ability estimate based on the probabilistic model approach of modern exam theory, and then transformed to a scaled score ranging from 12 to 120.
NMAT Exam Pattern 2022: Salient Points
- Online CBT: NMAT 2022 exam pattern is online computer based test (CBT) at test centres; or Proctored Internet based test (IBT) from home
- MCQ format: All the questions in NMAT 2022 exam pattern are of Multiple Choice type (MCQs).
- 108 questions: NMAT exam pattern 2022 has 108 questions. Earlier the exam had 120 questions
- NMAT 2022 Time Duration: The total time allotted in NMAT by GMAC exam pattern 2022 is 120 minutes (2 hours) to attempt the complete test despite total questions in the exam have been reduced.
- Choice of order of sections: One of the unique features in NMAT 2022 exam pattern is that Test taker can choose order of sections. However, NMAT pattern strictly expects you to follow the same order, once the order of the sections is selected.
- Individually timed sections: In the revised NMAT exam pattern 2022, each of the three sections in current NMAT pattern is individually timed and the candidates have to attempt the questions in the respective section within the allotted sectional time limit.
- No negative marking: The NMAT 2022 exam pattern is without any penalty of negative marking. So, instead of skipping a question in the question paper, you can use your calculated guess and mark the answer without the fear of a penalty for a wrong answer as there is no negative marking.
- Moderate difficulty exam: The difficulty level is not so high in NMAT by GMAC exam pattern 2022 as that of IIMs-CAT and XLRI-XAT exams
- Uniform Marking scheme: Another important feature of NMAT exam pattern 2022 is uniform marking system. Each correct answer is awarded +1 mark and there is zero marking for un-attempted question. The scaled score for each section is in the range of 12 to 120 with a total scaled score for all the three section coming between 36 and 360.
- Facility to review answers: As per the NMAT Exam pattern, the NMAT Test takers must review answers of each section within the allotted time before moving to another section of the exam, as once the candidate closes out of a section, he/she may not come back to the section
- 3 Attempts allowed: This is the biggest benefit of NMAT by GMAC exam pattern. You can take the NMAT by GMAC three times in a given admission cycle. This gives you the opportunity to improve your score
- Choice of Self-scheduling NMAT by GMAC: The NMAT by GMAC is one of the few national exams which offer you the liberty to choose your test appointment date, time and test center location.
NMAT 2022 Exam Day Guidelines:
Documents & Time
- On NMAT by GMAC exam day, arrive at the test centre at least 45 minutes prior to your test time.
- Bring the Confirmation email from GMAC (this can be shown on your mobile or taken as a printout)
- Bring your Admit Card Hard Copy
- Bring One valid Photo ID and another Signature ID in original for example Passport, PAN Card, Voter’s ID, Aadhaar Card, Debit/Credit Card, Driver’s License
Carry ID & Photograph
- Carry the Admit Card to the test centre and get it signed by the test administrator at the designated place on the day of the test
- If you are opting to retake the exam you must retain the ‘same’ Admit Card that you carried for the first / previous attempt (signed and stamped by the test administrator).
- You will be required to produce the ‘same’ Admit Card and will have to get it signed and stamped at the test centre where you appear, for you to retake the exam.
- You may or may not get the same test centre as allotted to you for your previous attempt(s).
- B-Schools may ask you to present a signed Admit Card to verify that you have completed the NMAT by GMAC exam
- Check that your printed photograph on your Admit Card is clearly visible.
- If the photo is blank or not clearly visible, contact the NMAT help desk on mail to update the photo
- Retain the signed Admit Card until your admission process is complete.
Before Start of NMAT Exam
After you are seated at your designated computer system you need to take following steps:
- Computer will display welcome screen, after which you will see a Non-Disclosure Agreement screen. You must click on ‘Yes’ at the screen in order to proceed with the test.
- If you click on “No, I do not Accept” deliberately or by mistake, you will be prompted to change the option and if you still click on “No, I do not Accept”, your test will end You will not be able to resume the test that day under any circumstances.
- Test centre staff will not be able to reverse the acceptance and you will lose the test attempt and forfeit the test fee
ALSO READ: NMAT SYLLABUS 2022.
NMAT Exam Centers:
|Domestic test centers|
|West||Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nasik, Pune, Pilani, Surat, Vadodara|
|South||Bengaluru, Chennai, Kochi, Hyderabad, Manipal, Mysore, Tiruchirapalli, Vellore, Vizag, Vijayawada|
|North||Agra, Chandigarh, Dehradun, Delhi, Faridabad, Gurgaon, Jammu, Kanpur, Lucknow, Noida, Patiala, Varanasi|
|Central||Bhopal, Indore, Jabalpur, Raipur|
|East||Bhubaneswar, Guwahati, Jamshedpur, Kolkata, Patna, Ranchi, Shillong|