TNSET Eligibility Criteria: TNSET Stands for Tamil Nadu State Eligibility Test. It’ll require to fill within the application form online. The aspirants are going to be applying for the exam to pursue the Junior Research Fellowship. They have to apply for the registration form by the online process.
The Application Form is going to be filled by entering login details in the correct manner. TNSET (Tamil Nadu State Eligibility Test) is conducted to recruit candidates for the post of assistant professor in various universities & Colleges (Private/Government/Aided) of Tamil Nadu state.
Those who want to take admission need to follow the application process, fulfill the Eligibility Criteria, etc. those who have qualified for the TNSET are going to be eligible for the counseling round. Here candidates can get complete information about TN SET Eligibility Criteria 2023.
Latest Applications For Various UG & PG Courses Open 2023-24
- IIAD 2024, New Delhi | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- Manav Rachna University, | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Presidency University, Bangalore | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Shoolini University, Himachal Pradesh | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- GNIOT, Greater Noida | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
TNSET 2023 Eligibility Criteria:
I. Conditions of Eligibility
- A minimum of 55% marks without rounding off (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale, wherever the grading system is followed) at the Masters level shall be the essential qualification for direct recruitment of teachers and other equivalent cadres at any level.
- A relaxation of 5% shall be allowed at the Bachelor’s as well as at the Master‘s level for the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/Other Backward Classes (OBC)(Non-creamy Layer)/ PwD (Persons with Disability) ((a) Blindness and low vision; (b) Deaf and Hard of Hearing; (c) Locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid-attack victims and muscular dystrophy; (d) Autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability and mental illness; (e) Multiple disabilities from amongst persons under (a) to (d) (including deaf-blindness)) for the purpose of eligibility and assessing good academic record for direct The eligibility marks of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever the grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible, based only on the qualifying marks without including any grace mark procedure.
- A relaxation of 5% shall be provided, (from 55% to 50% of the marks) to the Ph.D. Degree holders who have obtained their Master’s Degree prior to19 September,1991 (irrespective of date of declaration of result).
- Arelevant grade which is regarded as equivalent of 55%, wherever the grading system is followed by a recognized university, at the Masters level shall also be considered.
- Candidates who are pursuing their Master’s Degree Programme or the candidates who have appeared for their qualifying Master’s Degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for the test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for Assistant Professor / Lecturer after they have passed their Master’s Degree examination with at least 55% marks (50% marks in case of SC/ST/Other Backward Classes (OBC)(Non-creamy Layer)/PwD (Persons with Disability)) category candidates. Such candidates must complete their Master’s Degree examination within two years from the date of SET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as
- Candidates belonging to third gender in other words transgender would be eligible to draw the same relaxation in fee, age and qualifying criteria for TN-SET examination as are applicable to SC/ST/ PwD The subject wise cut-off for this category should be the lowest among those for SC/ST/PwD categories in the corresponding subject.
- Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their Postgraduation.
- Candidates are required to send neither any certificates/documents in support of their eligibility nor print out of their Application Form (Confirmation Page) to TN-SET office. However, the candidates, in their own interest, must satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the In the event of any ineligibility being detected by the TN-SET at any stage, their candidature will be cancelled and they shall be liable for legal action.
- Candidates having Postgraduate Diploma awarded by Indian University/ Institute or Foreign Degree/Diploma awarded by the Foreign University/ Institute should ascertain the equivalence of their Degree /Diploma with Master’s Degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi.(aiu.ac.in)
- Candidates other than General Category are required to mention theirSocial Status in the Online Application Form. Candidates may note that they should satisfy the eligibility conditions with reference to documents such as Community Certificate and Certificate related to PwD (VI/HI/PH), when they upload their applications. The Community Certificate uploaded by the candidates must be issued by competent. In case any of the certificates mentioned above is found to be invalid by the TN-SET 2023 authority at any stage, their candidature will be cancelled and they shall be liable for legal action. As the category declared cannot be changed after submitting the application form, candidates are advised to be doubly cautious while filling the category (Community) details.
- Candidates should note that their candidature is The mere fact that an admission card has been issued to a candidate will not imply that the TN- SET 2023 authority has accepted his/her candidature. Candidates may note that candidature will be deemed final, only upon verification of eligibility conditions.
Age Limit: There is No Upper age limit to apply for TN-SET examination.
ALSO READ: TNSET EXAM PATTERN 2023.
TNSET 2023 Exam Pattern:
Tamil Nadu State Eligibility Test will include three papers. Each of the papers will have objective questions. Here candidates can check the TNSET 2023 exam pattern to appear on the exam.
Mode: The exam is going to be done through the offline mode.
Exam language: The article is going to be published in English or Tamil language for some topics. Type of questions: The questions are going to be multiple-choice questions.
Exam duration: 1 hour is going to be provided for paper 1 and 2 hours for paper 2.
Diagram of marking: 2 points are going to be assigned to every correct answer.