The Syllabus of UCEED consists of varied sections that candidates need to cover for the entrance examination of UCEED. The syllabus of UCEED is divided into six sections – visualization and spatial ability, observation and design sensitivity, environmental and social awareness, analytical and logical reasoning, Language and Creativity, Design Thinking and Problem – Solving.
Every section is prescribed for UCEED 2023 syllabus is also divided into varied subtopics. according to the exam pattern, UCEED 2023 has 3 types of queries i.e. Numerical Answer Type (NAT), Multiple Select Questions (MCQs) and Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). The overview of the syllabus will help the candidates to get ready for the examination in a better way to score smart marks.
Overview of UCEED Syllabus 2023:
|Visualization and spatial ability|
|Observation and design sensitivity|
|Environmental and social awareness|
|The analytical and logical reasoning|
|Language and creativity|
|Design thinking and problem-solving|
UCEED 2023 Syllabus:
The main six sections are further divided into various topics:
UCEED Syllabus 2023 Observation and Design Sensitivity:
- Ability to detect concealed properties in ordinary things, people, situations, and events, and thinking critically about them.
- Applying attention to certain details, analyzing, reasoning, classifying, inferring and predicting.
- Ability to discern subtle differences in visual properties and aesthetic outcomes.
UCEED Syllabus 2023 Environmental and Social Awareness:
- General awareness of environmental factors such as climate, population, water, vegetation, pollution, weather, natural resources, etc.
- Implications of the above mentioned environmental factors on the design of products, images, infrastructure, and environment.
- Awareness of social and cultural connection with the design, history of the designed artifact, and socially responsible and environmentally sustainable design responses.
- History of art, sculpture, and literature.
UCEED Syllabus 2023 Language and Creativity:
- Ability to understand and use Standard English.
- Reading comprehension
- Vocabulary skills.
- Ability to think creatively in terms of alternatives.
- Ability to distinguish innovative options and think out of the box.
UCEED Syllabus 2023 Visualization and Spatial Ability:
- Pictorial and diagrammatic questions
- Understanding of transformation and/or manipulation of 2D shapes and 3D objects and their spatial relationships
- Knowledge of practical and everyday mechanical and scientific concepts.
ALSO READ: UCEED EXAM PATTERN 2023.
UCEED Syllabus 2023 Analytical and Logical Reasoning:
- Ability to look at information, be it qualitative or quantitative in nature, and discern patterns within the information.
- Ability to weigh opinions, arguments or solutions against appropriate criteria.
- Ability to check for hidden bias or hidden assumptions and whether evidence and argument support conclusions.
- Data Interpretation, brainteasers, and patterns.
UCEED Syllabus 2023 Design Thinking and Problem-Solving:
- Ability to use visual analogies, metaphors, signs, and symbols.
- Ability to understand complexity, identify the problem, generate alternatives, evaluate options, and select solutions.