VITEEE Eligibility Criteria: The VITEEE also referred to as the Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Exam and this examination has managed by the Vellore Institute of Technology to offer admission to the candidates in Biomedical Engineering, B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering with specialization in Bioinformatics, however, ought to take maths as a bridge course.
Applicants will fill the application form of VITEEE on the basis of their eligibility criteria and each year, several of the candidates might apply within the examination of VITEEE to complete their aspiring programs. Here, through this content, candidates are going to be able to understand the elaborated data of VITEEE in which includes VITEEE eligibility criteria.
VITEEE 2023 Eligibility Criteria:
The eligibility criteria of VITEEE 2023 includes details of a qualifying examination, subjects studied, minimum marks needed, age criteria, and other details. It’s important for the candidates to read through the VITEEE eligibility criteria 2023 before filling the forms as the candidates who fail to satisfy the criteria wouldn’t be allowed to sit down for the examination.
VITEEE Eligibility Criteria:
- The applicant should be a Resident / Non-Resident Indian National / PIO / OCI.
- NRI applicants can directly apply under ‘NRI Category’ through NRI application form. (Will be available shortly)
- Foreign applicants who studied/studying abroad can apply directly through the International application form.(Will be available shortly)
- Applicants whose date of birth falls on or after 1st July 2001 are eligible to apply for Engineering admission 2023.
- The date of birth as recorded in the High School / SSC / X Certificate will be considered authentic.
- Applicants should produce this certificate in original as proof of their age at the time of counseling/admission, failing which their candidacy for admission will be disqualified.
Applicants applying for UG Engineering admission should have either completed or shall be appearing in 2023, in any one of the following qualifying examinations:
- The final examination of the 10+2 system of Higher Secondary Examination conducted by the State Board; Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE, New Delhi), The Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (ISCE),New Delhi.
- Intermediate or Two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva. (Physics & Mathematics – HL, Chemistry – SL)
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London/Cambridge/Srilanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- Regular ‘NIOS’ board candidates are also eligible for Undergraduate Engineering programmes. Applicants should produce the Migration Cum Transfer Certificate at the time of joining.
Applicants who have completed the Class 12 (or equivalent) examination outside India or from a Board not specified above should produce a certificate from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) to the effect that the examination they have passed is equivalent to the Class 12 Examination with grade/CGPA converted to percentage.
For Indian nationals appearance in VITEEE 2023 is mandatory to be eligible for B. Tech. admission.
In case VITEEE 2023 gets cancelled due to natural calamities, qualifying criteria may be substituted with higher secondary marks or JEE-23 or a valid SAT. Applicants will be informed with specifics in such case.
Qualifying Examination Performance
- Applicants applying for the Undergraduate Engineering admission in 2023 should have secured minimum aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology in the qualifying examination (+2/Intermediate).
- Applicants applying for the Undergraduate Engineering admission in 2023 should have passed with minimum aggregate of 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology in the qualifying examination (+2/Intermediate) for the following categories:
- Applicants belonging to SC/ST
- Applicants hailing from Jammu and Kashmir/ Ladakh and the Northeastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura. Certificate to prove community / nativity should be produced at the time of counselling, failing which they will not be considered for admission.
PCMB/PCM applicants who have attempted Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English and Aptitude in VITEEE 2023 are eligible for all B.Tech Programmes.
PCMB/PCB/PCM applicants who have attempted Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English and Aptitude in VITEEE 2023 & PCB applicants who have attempted Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English and Aptitude in VITEEE 2023 are eligible only for the following programmes only
- B.Tech. Biotechnology (VIT, Vellore)
- B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering (Bioinformatics – VIT, Vellore)
- B.Tech. Electronics and Communication Engineering (Biomedical Engineering – VIT, Vellore)
- B.Tech. Bioengineering (VIT-Bhopal)
- B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering (Specialization in Health Informatics) (VIT-Bhopal)
The selection of subjects (MPCEA / BPCEA) should be mentioned in application form.
NRI’s and Foreign Students Eligibility Criteria:
The Candidates ought to have studied from an English Medium School.
For Admissions in any B.Tech course, a Candidate ought to have completed 10+2 years with Physics, Chemistry, Maths/ Biology.
A minimum of 60% in all the subjects mentioned is obligatory.
ALSO READ: VITEEE EXAM DATES 2023.
Information Concerning VITEEE Eligibility Criteria 2023:
Applicants should need to keep carrying the required documents at the time of filling up the VITEEE application form are as follows:
The size of the photograph ought to be between fifty KB – a hundred KB and dimensions- 3.5 cm * 4.5 cm.
Soft copy or scanned copy of the signature of the candidate with twenty KB – fifty KB with the dimensions of 3.5 cm * 1.5 cm in JPG/JPEG format.