VITMEE 2022 Syllabus is released by the exam conducting body Vellore Institute of Science and Technology. The exam will be held in online mode for 2 hours in which applicants must answer 100 MCQ type problems.
Get prepeared for the syllabus is half of the work done, so the applicants should focus on each topic and sub-topics to levitate the understanding and strategize accordingly.
- VITMEE Syllabus is different for each subject.
- The exam covers streams such as Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
- The marking scheme and time duration is same for all papers.
- After result declaration, cutoff marks for each subject will be releasd.
The entrance exam is a way to various PG courses, including, MCA, M.Tech, Integrated PhD and other important courses. The scheduled date for the examination as per the university is in the 1st week of June respectively.
VITMEE 2022 Exam Pattern
- The entrance examination will consist of only objective type questions or MCQs.
- Exam will be held via online mode only, i.e. it will be Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Applicants will be required to answer a total of 100 multiple choice questions (MCQs)
- The examination will be divided into two sections – one will consist of 80 questions from selected subject and other will entail 20 questions from English communication
- Questions will be asked only in English Language
- Duration of exam will be two hours
- Applicants will be provided 1 mark for each correct answer, implying that maximum of 100 marks can be secured in VITMEE 2022
- There will be no negative marking for incorrect or unanswered questions
Programs Offered for VITMEE 2022:
- BM – BIO-MEDICAL ENGINEERING
- CI – CIVIL ENGINEERING
- CE – CHEMICAL ENGINEERING
- CH – CHEMISTRY
- EE – ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
- EI – INSTRUMENTATION ENGINEERING
- EC – ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING
- LS – LIFE SCIENCES
- ME – MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
- NT – NANOTECHNOLOGY
- PM – PHARMACY
- PH – PHYSICS
- MA – MATHEMATICS
- MC – Master of Computer Applications
VITMEE 2022 Subject Wise Syllabus:
Applicants should know the subject wise syllabus so as to target each bit of concept for the subject they are appearing for. The subjects, its chapters & sub topics are important to cover so to score well in the examination.
VITMEE Syllabus for BIO-Medical Engineering:
- Basics of Circuits
- Transducers and Measurement
- Analog Electronics
- Digital Electronics
- Signals, Systems and Communications
- Electrical and Electronic Measurements
- Analytical, Optical and Biomedical Instrumentation
VITMEE Syllabus for Civil Engineering:
- Strength of Materials
- Structural Analysis
- Reinforced Concrete Structures
- Steel Structures
- GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEERING
- WATER RESOURCES ENGINEERING
- ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING
- TRANSPORTATION ENGINEERING
Vitmee Syllabus for Chemical Engineering:
- Process Calculation and Thermodynamics
- Momentum Transfer
- Particle Technology
- Heat Transfer and Chemical Reaction Engineering
- Chemical Technology
- Mass Transfer
- Biochemical Engineering
Vitmee Syllabus for Chemistry:
- Atomic Structure
- d and f block elements
- Solid State
- Instrumental methods of analysis
- Reaction Mechanism
- Organic synthesis
- Heterocyclic compounds
Vitmee Syllabus for Electrical and Eelctronics Engineering:
- ENGINEERING MATHEMATICS: Linear Algebra, Calculus, Differential equations, Analysis of complex variables, Probabi lity and Statistics, Numerical Methods, Transform Theory.
- ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING: Electric Circuits, Signals and Systems, Electromagnetic Fields, Electrical Machines, Power Systems, Control Systems, Electrical and Electronic Measurements, Analog and Digital Electronics, Power Electronics and Drives.
Vitmee Syllabus for Instrumentation Engineering:
- ENGINEERING MATHEMATICS: Linear Algebra, Calculus, Differential equations, Complex variables, Probabi lity and Statistics, Numerical Methods, Transform Theory.
- INSTRUMENTATION ENGINEERING: Basics of Circuits and Measurement Systems, Transducers, Mechanical Measurement and Industrial Instrumentation, Analog Electronics, Digital Electronics, Signals, Systems and Communications, Electrical and Electronic Measurements, Control Systems and Process Control, Analytical, Optical and Biomedical Instrumentation.
VITMEE Syllabus for Electronics and Communication Engineering:
- ENGINEERING MATHEMATICS: Linear Algebra, Calculus, Differential equations, Complex variables, Numerical Methods, Transform Theory.
- NETWORK: Network graphs, ANALOG CIRCUITS, DIGITAL CIRCUITS, CONTROL SYSTEMS, COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS, ELECTROMAGNETICS.
VITMEE Syllabus for Life Sciences:
- Biotechnology and Bioinformatics
- Cell Structure and Function of the Organelles
- Molecular Biology
- Recombinant DNA
- Plant and Environmental Sciences
VITMEE Syllabus for Mechanical Engineering:
- MATHEMATICAL FUNDAMENTALS: Algebra and Complex Analysis, Calculus and its Applications, Numerical Methods, Descriptive statistics, Exploratory Data Analysis.
- APPLIED MECHANICS AND DESIGN: Engineering Mechanics, Strength of Materials, Theory of Machines, Vibrations, Technical drafting.
- FLUID MECHANICS AND THERMAL SCIENCES: Fluid Mechanics, Heat-Transfer, Thermodynamics, Power Engineering, Refrigeration and air-conditioning, Turbo machinery.
- MANUFACTURING AND INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING: Engineering Materials, Metal Casting, Forming, Joining, Machining and Machine Tool Operations, Metrology and Inspection, Production Planning and Control, Inventory Control, Operations Research.
- SOMECURRENT TRENDS IN DESIGN AND MANUFACTURING: Mechatronics System Design, ical systems (MEMS).
Computer Integrated Manufacturing, Computer Aided Engineering, Automotive Engineering.
VITMEE Syllabus for CSE & IT:
- Engineering Mathematics: Mathematical Logic, Differential and Integral Calculus, Probability and Statistics, Numerical Methods, Linear Algebra and Transforms, Algebra and Complex Analysis, Calculus and its Applications, Numerical Methods, Descriptive statistics, Exploratory Data Analysis, Discrete Mathematics, Theory of Computation, Programming Language Processors.
- Algorithmic Analysis and Data Structures: Analysis of Algorithms and Computational Complexity, Algorithms for Problem Solving, Data Structures, Electronics, Digital Logic, Computer Architecture and Organization, Operating Systems.
- Software Engineering and Programming: System & Program Development Methodology, Programming Methodology, Computer Networks & Data Communications, Computing Technologies, Databases Management Systems.
VITMEE Syllabus for NANOTECHNOLOGY:
- Basic Mathematics and Thermodynamics
- Quantum Physics
- Solid State Physics
- Electricity and Magnetism
VITMEE Syllabus for PHARMACY:
- Medicinal Chemistry
- Natural Products
- Clinical Pharmacy
- Pharmaceutical Analysis
- Pharmaceutical Jurisprudence
VITMEE Syllabus for PHYSICS:
- Mathematical Physics
- Classical Mechanics
- Electro Magnetic Theory
- Quantum Mechanics
- Statistical Mechanics
- Experimental Design
- Solid State Physics
VITMEE Syllabus for MATHEMATICS:
- Linear Algebra
- Complex Analysis
- Real Analysis
- Ordinary Differential Equations
- Functional Analysis
- Partial Differential Equations
- Probability and Statistics
- Linear programming
- Calculus of Variation and Integral Equations
VITMEE Syllabus for Master of Computer Applications:
- MATHEMATICS: Algebra, Calculus, Differential Equations, Algorithms, Probability, Algebra and Complex Analysis, Calculus and its Applications, Numerical Methods, Descriptive statistics, Exploratory Data Analysis, Date Structures, Programming in C, Database Management Systems, Operating Systems, Computer Architecture.