WB SET Eligibility Criteria: The West Bengal State Eligibility Test (WB SET) is the eligibility test of state-level managed by West Bengal College Service Commission (WBCSC) to provide the post of Assistant Professors within the various colleges of West Bengal State.
Those applicants want to urge post of assistant professor Vacancies of West Bengal Colleges they will apply during this test on the basis of their Eligibility Criteria. Applicants can fill the application form through online mode by visiting the official website. During this test, per annum, many of the candidates may apply. Here, from this content, applicants will know the entire information of West Bengal SET Eligibility Criteria 2023
WB SET 2023 Eligibility Criteria:
The candidates can check the eligibility criteria for the West Bengal State Eligibility Test below within the given lists:
Latest Applications For Various UG & PG Courses Open 2023-24
- IIAD 2024, New Delhi | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- Manav Rachna University, | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Presidency University, Bangalore | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Shoolini University, Himachal Pradesh | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- GNIOT, Greater Noida | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
Educational Qualification for WB SET:
To appear within the WB SET 2023 exam the applicants will need to fulfill the subsequent educational criteria:
- Those who have scored a minimum of 55% marks (for unreserved categories) in master’s degree or equivalent examination from Universities/Institutions recognized by UGC are eligible for this Test.
- The Other Backward Classes(OBC) belonging to non-creamy layer/Economically Weaker Section (EWS) Candidates/ SC/ST/ PWD category candidates who have secured a minimum of50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this Test.
- The candidates whose master’s degree or equivalent course results still awaited OR– candidates whose qualifying examinations result are delayed can also apply for this test. However, such candidates only be considered eligible for professor only after they need to pass their master’s degree OR equivalent examination with a minimum of 55% marks (50% marks just in case of OBC falling in Non -creamy layer/EWS/SC/ST/PWD category candidate). Such aspirants must complete their Master’s or equivalent degree examination within two years from the date of SET result with the required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
- The transgender will need to qualify a similar eligibility criterion which is mentioned above for reserved categories.
- The Ph. D holders are going to be eligible for a relaxation of 50% in aggregate marks (i.e. from 55% to 50%) for appearing in SET whose master’s level has been completed by 19 September 1991 (irrespective of the date of declaration of result).
- Candidates having PG diploma /certificate or equivalent awarded by an Indian University/Institute or foreign degree/diploma/certificate awarded by the foreign University/institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma/degree/certificate with Master’s degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi.
WB SET 2023 Age Limit:
The competent authority has not set any age bar for WB SET 2023.
ALSO READ: WB SET EXAM PATTERN 2023.
Exemptions for WB SET 2023:
NET/SET/SLET is the minimum eligibility criteria for the recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professors in Universities / Colleges / Institutions. During this regard, exemption from NET/SET/SLET is going to be governed by UGC regulations and amendments notified within the Gazette of India from time to time.
- NET/SLET/SET will remain the minimum eligibility for recruitment & appointment of Assistant Professors in Universities/Colleges/ Institutions.
- Those who have passed the UGC/CSIR JRF examination before 1989 also are exempted from NET/SET.
- The candidates who have cleared the WB State Eligibility Test (WB SET) held before 01 June 2002, are going to be eligible to apply for a professor anywhere in India.
- If a candidate has qualified the SET held from 01 June 2002 onwards, then they’re going to be eligible to apply for the post of assistant professor only within the Universities/Colleges located within the state from where they need to be cleared their SET.