KSET is referred to as the Karnataka State Eligibility Test that is organized by the govt. of Karnataka to ensure that teaching standards are maintained for courses taught at the Higher Secondary level within the state of Karnataka.
Candidates ought to provide the KSET 2022 Exam to be appointed as Higher Secondary School Teachers as well as Non-Vocational teachers in VHSE. The LBS Center can declare examination dates of KSET 2022 for Science and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram.
KSET 2022 Eligibility Criteria:
Applicants who are collaborating within the State Eligibility test 2022 ought to meet eligibility criteria brought by the authority.
1. Candidates who have secured at least 55% of marks (without rounding off) for general category and 50% for Schedule Category (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Persons with Disability (PWD), OBCs i.e., Cat-I, IIA, IIB, IIIA, and IIIB, in Master’s Degree OR an equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognized by UGC New Delhi, in the subjects opted for KSET.
2. Candidates who are pursuing their Master’s Degree (First or Second Semester) or equivalent course or candidates who have appeared for their Master’s Degree (Final Year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and for those who clear the KSET, an eligibility certificate will be issued only on the production of proof for having passed the Master’s degree or equivalent examination securing at least 55% marks (50% in case of SC, ST, OBC i.e., Cat- I, IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB) and PWD candidates) within two years from the date of the KSET result, failing which they will be treated as disqualified.
3. Candidates shall appear for KSET in their relevant subject of their post-graduation only, in case the candidate did not find the subject of his/her post-graduation in the list of KSET subjects, the candidate may appear in UGC-NET / UGC-CSIR NET which is held twice a year.
4. The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September 1991 (irrespective of the date of declaration of result), shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e. from 55% to 50%) for appearing in SET.
5. Candidates other than the general category are required to mention their reservation status in the online application form. The category certificates are issued by the competent authorities on or before the last date for submission of the online application form.[for SC, ST, CAT-I, IIA, IIB, IIIA, and IIIB candidates only]. In case their ineligibility is detected due to an invalid certificate by the KSET authority at any stage, their candidature will be canceled without prior notice and they shall be liable for legal action.
6. The candidates of other states except for Karnataka, belonging to OBCs (SC, ST & Other Backward Classes) categories shall be treated as General Merit [GM] only. As per the reservation policy of the Karnataka Government.
7. Candidates should note that their candidature is provisional. The mere fact that admission to the examination will not imply that the KSET center has finally accepted his/her candidature. Candidates may note that candidature will be deemed final only upon fulfilling eligibility conditions.
8. Candidates who became eligible in Previous KSETs are not eligible to apply again in the same subject. If any candidate is found to be eligible in previous KSET tests and reappearing on the same subject in the current KSET, their candidature will be canceled and the previous eligibility is withdrawn through de-notification.
9. Candidates with post-graduate diploma/certificate awarded by Indian University/Institute or foreign degree/diploma/certificate awarded by the foreign University/ Institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma/degree/certificate with Master’s degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi(www.aiu.ac.in).
KSET 2022 Age Limit:
There is no upper age limit to apply for KSET-2022.
Applying once candidates should check the KSET 2022 Eligibility Criteria so they can get to understand whether they are eligible to apply or not. Candidates meet KSET 2022 eligibility criteria if they possess a Master’s degree during a specific subject with not less than 50% aggregate marks or equivalent grade.
Apart from this, aspirants ought to have a BEd degree in any discipline from any university in Karnataka or possess these qualifications from any other university that is considered to be at par with these universities. However, there are some exceptions to the above-mentioned eligibility criteria for KSET 2022 Exam, and these exceptions are listed below:
|Subject||KSET Eligibility Criteria|
|Have an MSc Ed degree in the concerned subject with at least 50% marks or equivalent grade from any Regional Instituted of Education that is sponsored by NCERT.
Have MSc Ed degree in Life Science with at least 50% marks or equivalent grade from any Regional Institutes of Education
|Latin||Cleared their degree exam in any discipline (from any University in Karnataka or recognized as equivalent) with Latin as their second language under Paper II wherein they have secured at least 50% marks. These eligibility criteria hold only if the aspirants have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate marks for that Part II.|
|English||Possess II class Master’s Degree in Communicative English with at least 50% marks as well as BEd degree.|
|Have an MSc Ed degree in the concerned subject with at least 50% marks or equivalent grade from any Regional Instituted of Education that is sponsored by NCERT.|
|Hindi||Candidates who have acquired BEd Degree in Hindi conducted by the Dakshin Bharatha Hindi Prachar Sabha are exempted from the requirement of producing the equivalency certificate, as the degree has been recognized by the Universities in Karnataka”, informs the official website.|
Aspirants are informed that they do not meet the eligibility criteria for KSET 2022 if they have secured their qualifications through Correspondence Courses/ Open Universities that are not recognized by any one of the universities in Karnataka.
ALSO READ: KSET EXAM DATES 2022.
KSET 2022 Marks Relaxation for SC/ST:
Aspirants who want to appear for KSET are going to be granted 5% marks relaxation within the minimum marks they have to possess in their qualifying examination to be eligible to appear for SET.