KSET Syllabus: The University of Mysore was established in the year 1916 at Mysore which is located within the Karnataka state. The University of Mysore Holds the KSET Exam for those candidates who want to become a teacher or an Assistant. The Exam Pattern and the Syllabus of KSET 2023 are going to be declared by the famous University of Mysore.
The candidate who wants to give this Exam of KSET 2023 can get the KSET Exam Pattern and the Syllabus of it on the official website of KSET 2023. The KSET Exam conducts with a total no of 32 subjects during this Exam. The KSET Exam is made from three papers which consists of a multiple-choice question (MCQ).
The first paper of this Exam is about teaching and aptitude, and the second paper and the third paper is about the topic specialization of KSET. The Exam Pattern and the Syllabus of KSET help that student who is applying for the KSET Exam to understand more about the paper pattern, how to download the Syllabus of KSET Exam 2023, question paper, and about the marks which the candidate has got to conduct during this Exam.
Latest Applications For Various UG & PG Courses Open 2023-24
- IIAD 2024, New Delhi | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- Manav Rachna University, | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Presidency University, Bangalore | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Shoolini University, Himachal Pradesh | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- GNIOT, Greater Noida | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
Download KSET PDF Complete Syllabus Here:
|13||Library & Information Science||Download|
|14||Mass Communication & Journalism||Download|
|24||Computer Science & Applications||Download|
|26||Mathematical Science *||Download|
KSET 2023 Syllabus:
The KSET Syllabus is important to the student to urge more knowledge about the lectureship and about the professor. The Syllabus of the KSET Exam is given to the candidate before the Examination of KSET 2023. within the KSET Syllabus, there are three sorts of paper – paper-1, paper-2, and paper-3. below given details about the three papers can assist you to get some more idea that three papers which go to be held during this Exam.
Syllabus for General Paper:
- Teaching Aptitude:
- Teaching: Nature,
- Factors affecting teaching;
- Methods of teaching;
- Characteristics and basic requirements;
- Learner’s characteristics;
- Teaching aids;
- Evaluation systems
- Research Aptitude:
- Methods of research
- Research Ethics
- Research: Meaning, characteristics, and types
- Steps of research
- Paper, article, workshop, seminar, conference, and symposium
- Thesis writing: its characteristics and format
- Reading Comprehension:
- A passage to be set with questions to be answered
- Communication: Nature, characteristics, types, barriers, and effective classroom communication.
- Reasoning (Including Mathematical):
- letter series
- Number series
- Logical Reasoning:
- Understanding the structure of arguments;
- Verbal classification
- Reasoning Logical Diagrams: Simple diagrammatic relationship, multi
- Evaluating and distinguishing deductive and inductive reasoning
- Verbal analogies: Word Analogy-Applied analogy
- diagrammatic relationship
- Venn diagram; Analytical Reasoning
- Data Interpretation:
- Sources, acquisition, and interpretation of data
- Quantitative and qualitative data
- Graphical representation and mapping of data
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT):
- ICT: meaning, advantages, disadvantages, and uses
- General abbreviations and terminology
- Basics of internet and e-mailing
- People and Environment:
- People and environment interaction
- Sources of pollution
- Pollutants and their impact on human life, exploitation of natural and energy resources
- Natural hazards and mitigation
- Higher Education System: Governance, Polity, and Administration:
- formal and distance education
- professional/technical and general education
- Structure of the institutions of higher learning and research in India
- value education: governance, polity, and administration
- concept, institutions, and their interactions
Syllabus for Commerce:
- Unit 1 – Business Environment and International Business
- Unit 2 – Accounting and Auditing
- Unit 3 – Business Economics
- Unit 4 – Business Finance
- Unit 5 – Business Statistics and Research Methods
- Unit 6 – Business Management and Human Resource Management
- Unit 7 – Banking and Financial Institutions
- Unit 8 – Marketing Management
- Unit 9 – Legal Aspects of Business
- Unit 10 – Income-tax and Corporate Tax Planning
Syllabus for Economics:
- Unit 1 – Micro Economics
- Unit 2 – Macroeconomics
- Unit 3 – Statistics and Econometrics
- Unit 4 – Mathematical Economics
- Unit 5 – International Economics
- Unit 6 – Public Economics
- Unit 7 – Money and Banking
- Unit 8 – Growth and Development Economics
- Unit 9 – Environmental Economics and Demography
- Unit 10 – Indian Economy
Syllabus for English:
- Unit 1 – Drama
- Unit 2 – Poetry
- Unit 3 – Fiction, Short story
- Unit 4 – Non-Fictional Prose
- Unit 5 – Languages: Basic concepts, theories, and pedagogy. English in Use.
- Unit 6 – English in India: history, evolution, and futures
- Unit 7 – Cultural Studies
- Unit 8 – Literary Criticism
- Unit 9 – Literary Theory post World War II
- Unit 10 – Research Methods and Materials in English
Syllabus for Social Work:
- Unit 1 -Nature and Development of Social Work.
- Unit 2 – Society, Human Behavior and Communities.
- Unit 3 – Social Work with Individuals and Groups.
- Unit 4 -Social Work with Communities and Social Action.
- Unit 5 -Research in Social Work: Quantitative and Qualitative Approaches.
- Unit 6 -Administration, Welfare,e, and Development Services.
- Unit 7 -Social Policy, Planning, and Social Development.
- Unit 8 -Indian Constitution, Social Justice, Human Rights, and Social Work Practice.
- Unit 9 – Areas of Social Work Practice I.
- Unit 10 -Areas of Social Work Practice II.
Syllabus for Environmental Science:
- Unit 1 – Fundamentals of Environmental Sciences
- Unit 2 – Environmental Chemistry
- Unit 3 – Environmental Biology
- Unit 4 – Environmental Geosciences
- Unit 5 – Energy and Environment
- Unit 6 – Environmental Pollution and Control
- Unit 7 – Solid and Hazardous Waste Management Subject Code: 29
- Unit 8 – Environmental Assessment, Management, and Legislation
- Unit 9 – Statistical Approaches and Modelling in Environmental Sciences
- Unit 10 – Contemporary Environmental Issues Unit –I: Fundamentals of Environmental Sciences
Syllabus for Political Science:
- Unit 1 – political theory
- Unit 2 – political thought
- Unit 3 – Indian political thought
- Unit 4 – Comparative political analysis
- Unit 5 – International Relations
- Unit 6 – India’s foreign policy
- Unit 7 – Political institutions in India
- Unit 8 – Political process in India
- Unit 9 – Public Administration
- Unit 10 – Governance and public policy in India
Syllabus for Sociology:
- Unit 1 – Sociological Theory
- Unit 2 – Research Methodology and Methods
- Unit 3 – Basic concepts and Institutions
- Unit 4 – Rural and Urban transformation
- Unit 5 – State, Politics and Development
- Unit 6 – Economy and Society
- Unit 7 – Environmental and Society
- Unit 8 – Family, marriage,e, and kinship
- Unit 9 – Science technology and society
- Unit 10 – Culture and Symbolic transformations
Syllabus for Geography:
- Unit 1 – Geomorphology
- Unit 2 – Climatology
- Unit 3 – Oceanography
- Unit 4 – Geography of Environmental
- Unit 5 – Population and settlement geography
- Unit 6 – Geography of economic activities and regional development
- Unit 7 – Cultural, social and political geography
- Unit 8 – Geographic Thoughts
- Unit 9 – Geographic Techniques
- Unit 10 – Geography of India
Recommended Books for KSET 2023:
Applicants who will participate in the upcoming KSET 2023 Examination can refer to these books mentioned below. Important books for the preparation of the entrance exam are as follows;
SYLLABUS AND QUESTION PAPER FOR KSET:
a) Syllabus: Syllabus for all the KSET subjects can be downloaded from the KSET website http://kset.uni-mysore.ac.in. or from the direct link provided above.
b) In case of any discrepancy found in the Kannada translation of a question booklet the question in the English version shall be taken as final.
Subjects & Syllabus of KSET: All questions of Paper-II will be compulsory, covering the entire syllabus of Paper-II. Syllabi for all KSET subjects can be downloaded from the KSET website http://kset.uni-mysore.ac.in. The list of 41 subjects for which examination will be conducted by KSET along with their respective codes and the medium of question paper setting is given below:
|Subject Code||Subject||Medium of Question Paper|
|01||Commerce||English & Kannada|
|03||Economics(I)||English & Kannada|
|05||Political Science||English & Kannada|
|06||History||English & Kannada|
|07||Sociology||English & Kannada|
|08||Geography||English & Kannada|
|10||Management (II)||English & Kannada|
|11||Tourism Administration and Management||English & Kannada|
|12||Education||English & Kannada|
|13||Library & Information Science||English|
|14||Mass Communication & Journalism||English & Kannada|
|15||Psychology||English & Kannada|
|16||Social work||English & Kannada|
|17||Criminology||English & Kannada|
|18||Law||English & Kannada|
|20||Physical Education||English & Kannada|
|21||Folk Literature (III)||English & Kannada|
|24||Computer Science & Applications||English|
|25||Physical Sciences (IV)||English|
|26||Mathematical Sciences (V)||English|
|27||Chemical Sciences (VI)||English|
|28||Life Sciences (VII)||English|
|32||Earth Sciences (VIII)||English|
|33||Archaeology (IX)||English & Kannada|
|34||Anthropology||English & Kannada|
|36||Philosophy||English & Kannada|
|37||Women Studies (X)||English & Kannada|
|38||Linguistics||English & Kannada|
|39||Performing Arts||English & Kannada|
|40||Music||English & Kannada|
|41||Visual Arts||English & Kannada|
Note: Candidates should possess Masters Degree or any other equivalent examination from
Universities / Institutions recognized by UGC New Delhi in the subject opted for KSET.
ALSO READ: KSET EXAM DATES 2023.
How to Download the KSET Syllabus of 2023:
There are some which the candidate can follow to urge the Syllabus of the KSET Exam. Only that applicant can get the KSET Syllabus of 2023 who are applied for the KSET Exam other any individual candidates cannot get this KSET Syllabus.
First, visit the official website of the KSET Exam 2023. Then look for some details about the KSET Syllabus and that Exam.
Fill up the application form which can be given over that page and submit it online.
After submitting the application form take a printout and keep it with you for any further uses, then after the filling of the form only you’ll the Syllabus.
For the Syllabus of KSET just continue to the official website and click on the link of the KSET Syllabus. By clicking on the link oh the KSET Syllabus you’ll get your KSET Syllabus.