MH SET Eligibility Criteria 2020: The candidates must have a Master’s Degree recognized by U.G.C., during a subject of MH-SET. The candidates having Post Graduate diploma/certificate awarded by Indian University/Institute or Foreign degree/diploma/certificate awarded by the Foreign University/Institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma/degree/certificate, with Master’s degree of recognized Indian Universities from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi (www.aiu.ac.in).
Such candidates who qualify MH-SET are going to be required to submit equivalence certificate from AIU, Immediately after the result of the MH-SET Examination). Here during this article candidates can get complete information on MH SET Eligibility Criteria 2020.
MH SET 2020 Eligibility Criteria:
- The candidates apart fromSC/ST/OBC/SBC/DT(VJ)/NT/SEBC/Trans-genders category, who have secured a minimum of 55% marks (without gracing or rounding off) in Master’s or equivalent examination, are eligible for this test. OBC/SBC/DT(VJ)/NT/SEBC [belonging to non-creamy layer] and SC/ST/PH/VH/Trans-genders (PH-Physically Handicapped, VH-Visually Handicapped i.e. Blind) category candidates who have secured a minimum of 50% marks (without gracing or rounding off) in Master’s or equivalent examination are eligible for this test.
- The candidates belonging to DT(A)(VJ)/NT (B, C, D)/SBC/ SEBC must submit a valid category certificate recognized by the govt. . of Maharashtra & Goa. The OBC certificate won’t be accepted instead of said categories ( The OBC certificate is accepted only at a national level for UGC-NET and UGC-CSIR NET rather than said categories).
- The candidates who are studying within the first year of two years Masters Course or first two semesters of a four-semester course of Master’s Degree aren’t eligible to appear for this test.
- Candidates who are pursuing their Master’s degree or equivalent course or candidates who have appeared for his or her qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result’s still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations are delayed can also apply for this test. However, such candidates are going to be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for professor after they need passed their Master’s Degree or equivalent examination with a minimum of 55% marks (50% marks just in case of SC/ST/PH/VH/Trans-genders and BC/SBC/DT(A)/NT(B)/NT(C)/NT(D)/ SEBC [belonging to non-creamy layer ] such candidates must complete their Master’s Degree or equivalent examination within two years from the date of MH-SET Result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
- The candidates of other States (other than Maharashtra & Goa) belonging to reserved categories shall be treated as Open category, as per the rules of the Maharashtra and Goa States.
- Candidates can appear for MH-SET within the subject of their Post Graduation only, e.g., Commerce: M.Com., Environmental Science: M.Sc. Env. Sci., Life Science: M.Sc. Life Science/Botany/Zoology/Microbiology/ Biotechnology etc., Home Science: M.Sc., M.A. Home Science (Refer Item No. 4 on page 06 in Prospectus, for a list of MH-SET and P.G. subjects).
- Candidates should note that their candidature is provisional. It’ll be deemed final upon verification of eligibility documents concerning the claims made in their application, after the result of the SET examination.
- A candidate who has already qualified MH-SET in a subject, won’t be allowed to appear again for MH-SET within the same subject. The candidates violating this rule are going to be responsible for initiating legal action.
- To apply for the MH-SET, there’s no upper age limit.
- As per the U.G.C. rules the candidates who have passed M.Sc. (by Research) arent eligible to appear for the MH-SET.
- The MH-SET State Agency wont issue any mark sheet to qualified/not qualified candidates. Students should note that there’s a provision for online verification of MH-SET result. The MH-SET Unit will issue an e-certificate to qualified candidates only on verification of the Eligibility documents immediately after the results of the MH-SET Examination.
ALSO READ: MH SET EXAM PATTERN 2020.
Maharashtra SET Exam Pattern:
The Exam pattern of MH SET consists the Paper I, Paper-II and Paper III for this examination. This examination will hold the three papers in one day. It’s held in two different sessions. The mode of the examination is the object type for the candidate. The test consists of three papers. All three papers contain only objective kinds of questions and can be held on the day of Examination in two separate sessions.