UGC NET 2024 Syllabus has been released. It’s necessary to understand the candidates for appearing within the exam. UGC NET is organized to test the eligibility for lectureship and for the award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) for Indian nationals. The NTA UGC NET June 2024 exam can consist of 2 papers. UGC NET Paper one is common for all aspirants. UGC NET Paper two is subject-specific. Paper one of the UGC NET exams can comprise fifty queries. One hour is provided to attempt this section.
The syllabus of this paper includes ten totally different sections. The weightage of every section is that the same, i.e. five queries (5*2=10 marks) from every section. Candidates preparing for the UGC NET exam ought to prepare as per the syllabus prescribed by NTA. Below is a detailed description of the UGC NET 2024 syllabus.
UGC NET 2024 Syllabus:
The UGC NET Exam will comprise 2 sessions Paper one & Paper two.
Paper one of UGC NET is a general paper on teaching aptitude. It’ll comprise fifty objective-type queries.
Paper two of UGC NET is of specialization or subject selected by the candidate. It’ll comprise a hundred objective-type queries.
There is a total of 84 specialization subjects for UGC NET paper two.
Latest Applications For Various UG & PG Courses Open 2024
- LPU 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- Amrita B.Tech 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- UPES Dehradun | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- Parul University | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- Chandigarh University | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- CIMP Patna 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- IIAD 2024, Delhi | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- JIMS Rohini 2024, Delhi | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- GIBS, Bangalore | PGDM Applications Open. Package upto 15.5 LPA. Apply Now
- IMS Ghaziabad UC Campus | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- Amrita MBA 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- KIIT School of Management | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
UGC NET 2024 Syllabus for Paper 1:
- Teaching Aptitude
- Research Aptitude
- Reading Comprehension
- Reasoning (including mathematical)
- Logical Reasoning
- Data Interpretation
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- People and Environment
- Higher Education System
- Teaching Aids
- Learner’s characteristics
- Methods of Teaching
- Objectives and Basic requirements
- Factors affecting teaching
- Evaluation systems.
- Methods of Research
- Research Ethics
- Paper, Article
- Conference & Seminar
- Types and Characteristics
- Steps of Research
- Workshop and Symposium
- Thesis writing: Its characteristics and format.
- A passage will be set with queries to be answered.
- Communication Nature
- Effective classroom communication.
- Number series
- Letter series
- Set Theory etc.
- Understanding the structure of arguments
- Reasoning Logical Diagrams – Simple diagrammatic relationship
- Multi-diagrammatic relationship
- Evaluating and distinguishing inductive and deductive reasoning
- Verbal analogies – Applied analogy
- Word analogy
- Verbal classification
- Venn diagram
- Analytical Reasoning.
- Graphical representation
- Sources, Acquisition, and interpretation of data
- Qualitative and quantitative data
- Mapping of data.
Information and Communication Technology (ICT):
- Advantages & Disadvantages
- General abbreviations and Terminology
- ICT Meaning
- Basics of internet and e-mailing.
People and Environment:
- Natural hazards and mitigation
- People and environment interaction
- Sources of pollution
- Pollutants and their impact on human life
- The exploitation of natural and energy resources.
Higher Education System: Governance, Policy And Administration:
- Formal and Distance education
- Technical/professional and General Education
- Value education – Polity, Governance, and Administration.
ALSO READ: UGC NET EXAM PATTERN 2024.
UGC NET 2024 Syllabus for Paper 2:
Paper two of the UGC NET exam is based on the topic selected by the candidate. The candidate can choose any one of the eighty-four subjects. This paper can comprise a hundred queries of two marks each. All queries are obligatory. The paper would cover the whole syllabus (including all electives, with no options). The syllabus of all the net subjects is Clicked from the official UGC website.
|Subject||Download PDF Syllabus|
|01||Economics / Rural Economics /Co-operation / Demography / Development Planning/ Development Studies/Econometrics/ Applied Economics/Development Eco./Business Economics||Click Here|
|02||Political Science||Click Here|
|10||Social Work||Click Here|
|11||Defense and Strategic Studies||Click Here|
|12||Home Science||Click Here|
|14||Public Administration||Click Here|
|15||Population Studies||Click Here|
|17||Management (including Business Admn. Mgt./Marketing/ Marketing Mgt./Industrial Relations and Personnel Mgt./ Personnel Mgt./Financial Mgt./Co-operative Management)||Click Here|
|39||French (French Version)
French (English Version)
|46||Adult Education/ Continuing Education/ Andragogy/ Non Formal Education.||Click Here|
|47||Physical Education||Click Here|
|49||Arab Culture and Islamic Studies||Click Here|
|50||Indian Culture||Click Here|
|55||Labour Welfare/Personnel Management/Industrial Relations/ Labour and Social Welfare/Human Resource Management||Click Here|
|59||Library and Information Science||Click Here|
|60||Buddhist, Jaina, Gandhian and Peace Studies||Click Here|
|62||Comparative Study of Religions||Click Here|
|63||Mass Communication and Journalism||Click Here|
|65||Performing Art – Dance/Drama/Theatre||Click Here|
|66||Museology & Conservation||Click Here|
|70||Tribal and Regional Language/Literature||Click Here|
|71||Folk Literature||Click Here|
|72||Comparative Literature||Click Here|
|73||Sanskrit traditional subjects (including) Jyotisha/Sidhanta Jyotish/ Navya Vyakarna/ Vyakarna/ Mimansa/ Navya Nyaya/ Sankhya Yoga/ Tulanatmaka Darsan/ Shukla Yajurveda/ Madhav Vedant/ Dharmasasta/ Sahitya/ Puranotihasa /Agama)||Click Here|
|74||Women Studies||Click Here|
|79||Visual Art (including Drawing & Painting/Sculpture Graphics/Applied Art/History of Art)||Click Here|
|81||Social Medicine & Community Health||Click Here|
|82||Forensic Science||Click Here|
|87||Computer Science and Applications||Click Here|
|88||Electronic Science||Click Here|
|89||Environmental Science||Click Here|
|90||Politics including International Relations/International Studies including Defence/Strategic Studies, West Asian Studies, South East Asian Studies, African Studies, South Asian Studies, Soviet Studies, American Studies||Click Here|
|92||Human Rights and Duties||Click Here|
|93||Tourism Administration and Management||Click Here|