WBJEE Eligibility Criteria will be checked through the web site for varied programmes. WBJEE is conducted by WBJEE Board to offer admission into varied Engineering & Technology, Pharmacy, Architecture and different programmes in varied institutions of West Bengal.
Candidates have to qualify the entrance test to urge admission into varied programmes offered by varied polytechnic institutions of the WB State. Through this article, candidates can get to understand the whole eligibility details of WBJEE 2022.
WBJEE 2022 Eligibility Criteria:
Before applying for WBJEE 2022, candidates should check the given below eligibility criterion for varied courses:
Eligibility criteria for appearing in the WBJEE-2022.
Citizenship: Applicant must be a citizen of India OR OCI (subject to approval of the Competent Authority). OCI candidates will be eligible for only Unreserved seats in All India uota.
Candidates must have passed OR must be appearing in 2022 in class 12 in (10+2) system only.
Age Restriction: The lower age limit is 17 (seventeen) years as on 12.2022. A candidate should have been born on or before 31.12.2005. There is no upper age limit in appearing in the examination.
However,for admission to the degree level Marine Engineering Course the upper age limit is 25 Years as on 12.2022.
General criteria for admission into Engineering/Technology courses:
These criteria will be applicable unless any special criteria are mentioned:
Candidate must have passed the Qualifying Examination i.e., the ‘10+2’ examination with Physics and Mathematics along with any one of Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology / Computer Science / Computer Application/Technical Vocational Subject as compulsory subjects with individual pass marks (in both theory and practical wherever applicable) in all the three subjects as stated above in regular class MODE.
Must have obtained at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category g., SC, ST, OBC-A, OBC-B, PWD) in the above three subjects taken together.
Musthave passed English in the ‘10+2’ examination with at least 30% marks.
TheBoard of the said Qualifying Examination must be recognized by the Central Government or State Government
General Criteria for admission to Pharmacy courses:
- Candidate must have passed ‘10+2’ examination with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics / Biology as compulsory subjects with individual pass marks (in both theory and practical wherever applicable) in all the three subjects as stated above in regular class mode.
- Must have obtained at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category g., SC, ST, OBC-A, OBC-B, PWD) in the above three subjects taken together.
- Must have passed English in the ‘10+2’ examination with at least 30% marks.
- TheBoard of the said Qualifying Examination must be recognized by the Central Government or State Government However, as per the rules of the concerned Regulatory Body, the students possessing 10+2 qualification from non-formal and non-classrooms-based schooling such as National Institute of Open Schooling, open school systems of States etc. shall not be eligible for admission to B. Pharm. Course.
General criteria for admission into five-Year Degree Course in Architecture:
As per the norms and standards of the Council of Architecture (COA), No candidate shall be admitted to architecture course unless she/he has passed an examination at the end of the 10+2 scheme of examination with 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and also 50% marks in aggregate of the 10+2 level examination.
Candidate must also qualify in the NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture)conducted by the Council of Architecture, New Delhi.
General Criteria for admission into Marine Engineering:
- As per the norms and standards of the Director General of Shipping, Government of India: Candidates must pass Higher Secondary (10+2) Examination of West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education or equivalentexamination from a recognized Council/Board in regular class mode with:
- 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics taken together with individual pass marks (both in theory and practical wherever applicable) in eachof the said subject.
- Minimum of 50% marks in English as subject in either in ‘10’ standard or in ‘10+2’ standards.
Requirements in terms of Residential/Domicile Criteria.
The candidate must be a domicile of Home State e., West Bengal for admission in,
- Any seat including general category seats in any Government aided Engineering/ Technology / Pharmacy
- Any seat including general category seats in Aliah University.
- Any seat including general category seats in Tech. (Dairy Technology) in West Bengal University of Animal & Fishery Sciences.
- 90%of General category seats in Jadavpur University.
- Any reserved category seat (SC, ST, OBC-A, OBC-B, PWD, TFW) in any institute.
The candidate needs to download the required proforma as per the detail given and keep the certificate ready to be produced during counseling, admission etc.
Criteria to be treated as domicile of West Bengal and applicable proforma of certificate.
Only those candidates will be treated as domicile of West Bengal who are either, residing in West Bengal continuously at least for last 10 (ten) years as on 31.12.2021.
whose parent(s) is/are permanent resident(s) of West Bengal having permanentaddress within the State of West Bengal.
In case of a) above, a certificate is to be obtained as per forma ‘a1’ or proforma ‘a2’.
In case of b) above, a certificate is to be obtained in proforma ‘b’ or the candidate must produce in original any two of Voter ID card/ Adhaar card/ Passport/ Ration card belonging to his/her parents. The said documents must justify that the residential address of parent(s) is in West Bengal.
During counselling etc. if SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B candidates who cannot produce required domicile certificate, they can produce/upload their category certificates (issued by the Govt. of WB) in lieu of domicile certificate. But in that case if the category certificate is found invalid at the time of verification, their domicile status is also considered to be NON-West Bengal.
Important Details Regarding Eligibility:
The Board verifies the candidate’s eligibility at the time of counselling and registration with the University. Just in case any candidate who has secured merit rank within the test, however, is found ineligible during the verification process, his/her candidature is cancelled.
ALSO READ: WBJEE EXAM PATERN 2022.
WBJEE 2022 Application Form:
The Application form of WBJEE 2022 can be filled by the candidates from twenty-sixth December 2022. Candidates will fill and submit the application form until twenty-second Jan 2022. Candidates should note that the registration process can solely be completed after the confirmation page is generated. The applying fee to be paid by the candidates is Rs. 500. The fee can be paid through online mode by debit/credit card or net banking.
WBJEE 2022 Eligibility Criteria should be checked by the candidates before applying for the entrance exam. Candidates will check the whole eligibility criterion of various programmes from the web site. Admission into varied polytechnic colleges in West Bengal is provided on the basis of eligibility norms and performance within the entrance test.