XAT 2023 is termed as Xavier Aptitude Test that is an entrance test conducted for taking admission in the MBA course. There are 130 other MBA universities that are considered for XLRI, SPJIMR, IMT, BIMTECH, TAPMI, etc. XLRI is responsible for governing the XAT 2023. It’s considered to be the 2nd big MBA entrance examination to enroll in MBA/PGDM at a total of eleven MBA faculties in India.
The fundamental issue to be noted is it consists of 2 parts, the primary paper includes the 3 parts having seventy multiple type queries, and also the second paper is an array of objective and subjective queries.
It is necessary to get familiar with the type of queries coming up within the exam and on the basis of that, you’ll well prepare for the exam. The sections distributed in the question paper do not change and the exam is set from previous year designation.
XAT 2023 Exam Pattern:
Candidates can check detailed exam pattern from below:
- Examination Mode: XAT 2023 exam will be held through online mode.
- Parts: It will be held in two parts: Part 1 and Part 2.
- Type of Queries: There will be objective and subjective type questions will be asked.
- Duration: The time duration will be 3 hours (10:00 AM to 1:00 PM).
- Sections & No. of Questions (Part 1): The Part 1 will comprise of three parts: Verbal and Logical Ability, Decision Making, Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation & General Knowledge. Part 1 of XAT will contain 75 questions. For Part 1, total time allotted will be 165 minutes.
- Sections & Number of Questions (Part 1): Paper 2 will contain total 25 questions of GK and one essay writing. The time allowed for the part 2 will be 25 minutes.
|Sections||XAT Question Pattern||Overall Time Duration|
|Part-1||75 (Multiple-choice Questions)||165 Minutes|
|Verbal and Logical Ability||26||No Sectional Time Limit|
|Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation||28|
|Part-2||25 (Multiple-choice Questions)||15 Minutes|
|Total Questions (Part 1 + Part 2)||100||180 Minutes|
Note: XAT Exam 2023 is a Computer-based test (CBT). There is a negative marking for every incorrectly answered question. The candidate can leave 8 questions unanswered, after which 0.10 marks will be deducted for each unanswered question.
ALSO READ: XAT SYLLABUS 2023.
Number of Questions:
The number of queries shows a major change from year to year on the basis of options of exam officers. The previous year, the overall number of queries of the second paper was 72 having the most marks in the Quantitative Ability and knowledge Understanding part. the amount of queries included within the second paper remains fixed, having 25 twenty-five queries in GK and 1 essay.
XAT 2023 Marking Scheme :
XAT Exam 2023 includes one mark for attempting the correct answer and for attempting the incorrect answer, there’s an involvement of 1.25 negative markings. Students have permission to skip 12 queries and above that, you’re to face a 0.025-mark deduction