JEST 2023 Application Form will be released soon. JEST 2023 Exam Date has been Announced. It will be held on 19th February 2023. JEST is also known as the Joint Entrance Screening Test is conducted by the Science and Engineering Research Board, (SERB). JEST is a national-level exam and it is considered a National Eligibility Test (NET).
It provides admission to Ph.D. and Integrated Ph.D. courses in Physics or Neuroscience, Theoretical Computer Science, and Computational Biology. The candidates can get admission to various institutions participating in this exam such as IISc, IIST, IISER, NISER etc. will provide admission through JEST scores. Below in this article, candidates can get complete information about JEST 2023 entrance exam.
JEST 2023 Notifications – Exam Date Announced
JEST 2023 Application Form is releasing soon in January 2023. Check here to Apply Online.
JEST 2023 Exam Date has been announced. It will be held on 19th February 2023. Check below for exam date details.
JEST 2023 Highlights:
|Name of the Exam||JEST 2023|
|Full-Form||Joint Entrance Screening Test|
|Level of Exam||National Level|
|Organizing Body||SERB- Science, and Engineering Research Board|
|Courses offered||Ph.D./ Integrated Ph.D. program in Physics/ Theoretical Computer Science/ Computational Biology/ Neuroscience|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Offline (Pen and paper mode)|
|Exam Date||19th February, 2023|
Courses Offered by JEST:
Below e have provided the courses in which candidates can get admission on the basis of JEST results:
- Ph.D. in Physics
- Ph.D. in Theoretical Computer Science
- Ph.D. in Neuroscience
- Ph.D. in Computational Biology
- Integrated Ph.D. in Physics
- Integrated Ph.D. in Theoretical Computer Science
- Integrated Ph.D. in Neuroscience
- Integrated Ph.D. in Computational Biology
JEST 2023 Exam Date
Below we have provided the tentative JEST Exam Dates 2023:
|Online registration starts||1st week of January 2023|
|Final date to register||2nd week of February 2023|
|Last date to apply with late fee||3rd week of February 2023|
|Admit Card downloading||3rd week of February 2023|
|Entrance exam date||19th February, 2023|
|Release of Answer Key||1st week of March 2023|
|Declaration of result||2nd week of April 2023|
|Interview process Begins||3rd week of April 2023|
JEST 2023 Application Form
Below we have provided all the details regarding JEST 2023 Application form::
- The candidates willing to apply for the examination are required to fill out the application form by the 1st week of January 2023.
- The candidates must provide the correct email address so that registration can be completed soon.
- Candidates have to fill out the application form and upload scanned photos as well as a signature in jpg format and other mentioned specifications.
- Pay the application fee charges to complete the application process.
- The final date to register for the application form for JEST 2023 will be 2nd week of February 2023.
- Once the application form submission task gets over, the candidate will receive the confirmation on their registered email id.
- The candidate must take the copy of the JEST 2023 application form for further usage.
- The application fee will be paid through Credit cards, net banking, and debit card (online payment gateways).
- The candidates belonging to the General category need to make a payment of Rs 800/-.
- The candidates belonging to SC and ST categories need to make a payment of Rs 400/-.
JEST 2023 How to Apply
- Step-1: Applicants have to register yourself before you log in.
- Step-2: To register, the candidate have to click on the “register to appear for the exam” link on the Homepage.
- Step-3: Applicants will receive an email with the account information after registering with a valid email-id.
- Step-4: One should follow the instructions given in the email for resetting the password and further login.
- Step-5: Login to the JEST homepage with your username (your email-id) and password. Fill the form and save it, or modify an already saved form.
- Step-6: Press the “Submit Application” button only when you have inserted and checked all the mandatory entries.
- Step-7: Upload jpg files of your Passport size and Scanned signature.
- Step-8: Pay the application fee online using SBI E-pay.
- Step-9: Once the online application form is submitted, no further changes will be accepted.
JEST Eligibility Criteria
Below we have provided the courses wise eligibility (qualifying exam) for JEST 2023:
For Ph.D. Programme:
- Physics: M.Sc. in Physics while some Institutions accept M.Sc./ ME/ BE/ B.Tech/ in applied Mathematics and Physics.
- Neuroscience at NBRC: M.Sc. (Physics/ Mathematics), BE/ B.Tech/ MCA in Computer Science.
- Theoretical Computer Science at IMS: M.Sc./ ME/ M.Tech in Computer Science or a related area.
- Computational Biology at IMSM: ME/ M.Tech/ MCA in any discipline.
Integrated Ph.D. Programme:
- IISER, Thiruvananthapuram: B.Sc. (Physics) or BE/ B.Tech in any discipline.
- Theoretical Computer Science at IMSc: B.Tech/ MCA/ BE in Computer Science or a related stream.
JEST 2023 Exam Pattern
Below we have provided JEST Exam pattern for the ease of the candidates:
- Exam Mode: The exam will be held through offline mode (pen and paper mode).
- Type of Questions: The question paper will be a multiple-choice question paper.
- Total Questions: There will be 50 questions in the exam.
- Duration of Exam: Applicants must complete the question paper in 3 hours.
- Language: The question paper format will be in the English language.
- Section: There are 3 sections in the exam Section A, B, and C.
- Marking Scheme: Part A: The applicants will receive 3 marks for each correct answer. One mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- Part B: The candidates will receive 3 marks for correct answers and no negative marking in this section.
- Part C: The candidate will receive 1 mark for the correct answer. 1/3 mark will be deducted for an incorrect answer.
Below we have provided the section wise exam pattern of JEST 2023:
|Parts||No. of Questions||Marking Scheme||Negative Marking|
|Part B||10||+3||No negative marking|
JEST 2023 Syllabus
The JEST syllabus will cover various topics of the subject which are decided by the conducting body. Each offered program has a different syllabus for JEST 2023. At graduation and post-graduation levels, the authority will set the syllabus.
Below we have provided the details for the JEST syllabus:
For Physics: The question will be carried on topics such as Electromagnetism and Optics, Quantum Mechanic, Mathematical Methods, Classical Mechanics, Thermodynamics and Statistical Physics, and Electronics.
For Theoretical Computer Science: Candidates can read topics such as Combinatory, Data Structure, and Algorithms, Graph Theory, Principle of Programming, Discrete Mathematics, Analytical Reasoning, and Deduction.
JEST 2023 Preparation Tips
Below we have provided some points and tips for JEST 2023 Preparation Tips:
- Make a timetable and divide time equally for all subjects.
- Go for the officially prescribed syllabus for the examination.
- Take help from the best book and study materials available.
- Practice the previous year’s question paper and sample paper.
- Include every single topic of the syllabus in your preparation.
- Don’t take the stress and take care of your health.
JEST 2023 Exam Centres
Below we have provided the JEST exam centers in the table below for the ease of the candidates:
JEST 2023 Admit Card
The JEST Admit Card 2023 will be released by 2nd week of February 2023. The candidate has to carry the copy of the downloaded admit card and one of your photo IDs for entering the examination center. Admit cards will not be sent by post/ email.
Candidates should carry their admit cards on the day of the examination as no candidates will be allowed to enter the examination hall. Official authority will release the admit card for every registered candidate for the examination.
JEST 2023 Answer Key
The JEST Answer Key 2023 will be released in the 1st week of March 2023 through online mode. Authority will release the answer key in PDF format. Candidates can calculate their marks with the help of the answer key.
If any candidate has doubt or complaint regarding the key questions the same shall be submitted to the authority. Candidates will also get the objection facility for the answer key. The final answer key will be released after the completion of the objection facility.
JEST 2023 Result
The JEST Result 2023 will be announced in the last week of March 2023. The result will be provided through online mode. Then candidates have to enter their roll number and date of birth and the result will appear on the screen.
There will be a combined merit list with a category-wise merit list for all the candidates participating in the examination. All the candidates who appeared for the entrance test will be awarded test-wise rank as per marks secured in the test preparation.
JEST 2023 Merit list
The authorities of JEST, SERB will be preparing the JEST Merit list for the candidates who appeared for the entrance exam. The merit list will be prepared on the basis of the exam result. SERB will consider the marks of the candidate’s marks secured in the JEST to prepare the merit list.
The candidate who will be finalized for the JEST can check the merit list online mode on the website of JEST. The shortlisted will get admission to JEST participating institutes.
JEST 2023 Counselling
The JEST Counselling 2023 will begin by the 1st week of April 2023 through online mode. During the process, the candidate will go through document verification, semester fee and making choice for the institute according to AIR.
The counselling will contain two major steps, i.e. certificate verification and choice filling. Candidates have to choose the college and course in which they wish to take admission, at the time of counseling.
The admission will be provided according to the candidate’s preference and rank obtained in the entrance exam. Candidates will have to report to the allotted center with the following documents:
- 10thmark sheet and certificate
- 12thmark sheet and certificate
- JEST Admit Card & Score Card
- Domicile certificate
- Passport size photograph
- Transfer certificate
- Category certificate