GATE 2024 Mock Test has been released. Admit Card is releasing on 3rd January 2024. Two Paper combination details are available now. Sample paper for Data Science & Artificial Intelligence (DA) subject has been released. GATE 2024 exams are going to be organized by IIT’s and IISc, Bangalore on a rotation basis. Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering, (GATE) is a national level examination. For year 2024, it will be conducted by IIT Kanpur. These Exams provide admission to Masters and Doctoral programs. I.e., Engineering/ Architecture/ Technology/ Arts & Science, etc. in relevant Branches of Science.
Complete information regarding the GATE 2024 is going to be given to candidates concerning pre-examination (application submission, eligibility, test centers, etc.) Examination (pattern , marks/score etc.) & Post-Examination (answers, results, and scorecard ) etc. sections.
GATE 2024 Notification – Mock Test Available
GATE 2024 Mock Test has been released through login. Click here for mock test.
GATE 2024 Admit Card is releasing on 3rd January 2024. Check here for admit card details.
GATE 2024 New Two Paper Combinations are available from 11th to 17th November 2023. Click here to view details.
GATE 2024 Sample paper for Data Science & Artificial Intelligence (DA) subject has been released. Click here for sample paper.
GATE 2024 Exam Dates has been Announced now, the Examination will be held on 3rd, 4th, 10th & 11th February 2024. Check Exam Dates Details Below.
Subscribe for You tube Channel Entrance Exam Guide for Latest Updates. Click Here to Subscribe.
GATE 2024 Highlights:
|Exam Name||GATE 2024|
|Full-Form of GATE||Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering|
|Types of Exam||PG Level|
|Level of Exam||National Level|
|Courses Offered||Engineering and Technology|
|Organizing Body||(IITM) Indian Institute of Technology Bombay|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Online (CBT)|
|Date of Exam||3rd, 4th, 10th & 11th February 2024|
|Exam Duration||03 Hours|
GATE 2024 Quick Links:
|Application Form/Registration||Click Here|
|Eligibility Criteria||Click Here|
|Exam Pattern||Click Here|
|Admit Card||Click Here|
|Exam Centers||Click Here|
|Contact Helpline Number||Click Here|
|What is Petroleum Engineering?||Click Here|
|Books for GATE Preparation||Click Here|
GATE 2024 Exam Dates:
Below we have provided the official exam dates of GATE 2024:
|Events||Dates 2024 (Announced)|
|Notification releases||5th August 2023|
|Registration starts||By 30th August 2023|
|Last date to register (without any late fee)||12th October 2023|
|Last date to apply (with late fee)||20th October 2023|
|Modification/ Correction||18th to 24th November 2023|
|Availability of admit card||3rd January 2024|
|GATE 2024 Exam||3rd, 4th & 10th, 11th February 2024|
|Release of responses||16th February 2024|
|Releases of answer key||21st February 2024|
|Submission of objections/ challenges||22nd- 25th February 2024|
|Release of final answer key||February 2024|
|Declaration of results||16th March 2024|
|Downloading of Score cards||23rd March 2024|
|COAP counselling||3rd week of March 2024|
GATE 2024 Application Form
Complete details are given here relating to the application form :
Candidates are needed to refill the registration form and apply online through the official website.
To appear for GATE 2024, application form has been released on 24th August 2023 to the 13th October 2023.
Scanned pictures and signature should be uploaded to the websites’ form for registering.
Photograph : Maximum Size: 480×640 pixels, Minimum Size: 240×320 pixels & Dimension: 3.5cm × 4.5cm
Signature : Maximum Size: 160×560, Minimum Size: 80×280 pixels & Dimension: 2cm × 7cm.
Certificate of qualifying degree, class Certificates, Dyslexic Certificates are to be uploaded on-line wherever ever applicable.
A possibility of 3 cities is out there to the candidates for GATE 2024.
Appropriate ID variety should be filled in wherever it’s such, I.e., Aadhar-UID, College ID, license, worker ID, Passport, PAN Card (Permanent Account Number), And citizen ID.
No emails need to be sent to the officers with the hard copy.
However, a printed copy ought to behold by candidates for any future references.
Latest Applications For Various UG & PG Courses Open 2024
- LPU 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- Amrita B.Tech 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- UPES Dehradun | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- Parul University | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- Chandigarh University | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- CIMP Patna 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- IIAD 2024, Delhi | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- JIMS Rohini 2024, Delhi | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- GIBS, Bangalore | PGDM Applications Open. Package upto 15.5 LPA. Apply Now
- IMS Ghaziabad UC Campus | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- Amrita MBA 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- KIIT School of Management | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
GATE 2024 Application Fee:
The application fee is going to be deposited through online mode by using either internet banking or debit card or Mastercard.
The fee is going to be non-refundable & non-transferable.
The fee details are given below within the table:
|Category||On or before the Last Date||During the Extended period|
|For Examination Centres in India|
|Female candidates (per paper)||₹ 850/-||₹ 1350/-|
|SC/ST/PwD* category candidates (per paper)||₹ 850/-||₹ 1350/-|
|All other candidates (per paper)||₹ 1700/-||₹ 2200/-|
|For Examination Centres outside India (All Candidates)|
|Group-1: Dhaka, Kahtmandu, Kuala Lumpur, Male, Port Louis, Thimphu||US$ 100/-||US$ 150/-|
|Dubai and Singapore||US$ 200/-||US$ 250/-|
GATE Application Form Correction 2024:
Students can make correction during correction period In case of mistakes done in details while filling the application form. GATE application correction window will open after the completion of registration process.
Students are suggested to make correction in the application before the last date of correction. Applicants will be able to make changes in category, paper and exam city with additional fee payment till 2nd week of November 2023.
No correction facility will be provided after the last date. Failing to make correction in application form will lead to rejection of application form.
FAQ’s (Most Asked Questions):
- Question: How many papers I can apply in the GATE exam?
Answer: You can appear for 1 or 2 subjects (as per the prescribed set of combinations) in the GATE exam. There is a total of 29 papers.
- Question: Is there any new Paper/Subject added this year?
Answer: For 2023 GATE Exam IIT Kharagpur will add two new papers, i.e. Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering, and Geomatics Engineering in GATE 2023 exam.
- Question: When will the GATE exam held?
Answer: The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) will be held on February 5, 6, 12, 13, 2023.
- Question: Can I make changes in the application form details after the submission of the form?
Answer: Yes, corrections are allowed to the candidates when the authority will open the correction facility till the last date of correction.
- Question: Am I eligible for GATE after completing my 10+2+3?
Answer: Yes, you are eligible to apply for the GATE. As per the new changes made in the eligibility, students who have completed their 10+2+2 or 10+3+1 and are in their 3rd year of UG degree/ higher years of study/ graduated in any government-approved degree in Engineering/ Architecture/ Technology/ Science/ Arts/ Commerce are eligible to apply.
- Question: Is there any age limit to apply for GATE?
Answer: No, there is no age limit.
- Question: Can I apply for more than one application form?
Answer: No, you can submit only one application form.
- Question: I have done my fee payment online and the amount was also deducted from my bank account, but still it is showing fee payment has been failed, what to do now?
Answer: You must make a fresh payment. The amount of the previous payment will be credited back to your account within a few days.
- Question: Can I carry a calculator in the examination hall?
Answer: No, you are not allowed to carry a calculator in the exam hall but you will be provided with a virtual scientific calculator at the exam hall.
- Question: I have made a mistake in uploading the signature and photograph, so my application form will be accepted?
Answer: No, your application form will get rejected.
- Question: I am studying in the qualifying final year of my degree, what certificate should I upload the apply?
Answer: If you are in the final year of the qualifying degree, you are required to upload a Certificate from the Head of the Department/ Institute in which you are studying.
- Question: How can I register for GATE 2024?
Answer: You can register for GATE 2024 by online mode through the official website gate.iitb.ac.in.
GATE Eligibility Criteria 2024:
General Eligibility Criteria:
- Applying candidate must have completed or currently studying in 3rd year or higher years of UG degree course in the field of Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture/ Commerce/ Arts/ Science.
- There is no age limit to appear for GATE exam.
Course -Wise Eligibility Criteria:
- Applicants can go through the complete course wise eligibility criteria in the below given table:
|Qualifying Degree||Qualifying Degree/ Examinations||Eligibility||Year of Qualification not later than|
|Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/ Technology (4 years after 10+2 OR 3 years after B.Sc./ Diploma in Engineering/ Technology)||Currently in the 3rd year OR higher grade OR already completed||2024|
|B. Arch.||Bachelor’s degree holders of Architecture (5 years course)/ Naval Architecture (4 years course)/ Planning (4 years course)||Currently in the 3rd year OR higher grade OR already completed||2024 (for 5 year) & 2024 (for 4 year)|
|Bachelor’s degree in Science (Post-Diploma/ 4 years after 10+2)||Currently in the 3rd year OR higher grade OR already completed||2024|
|Degree holder of 6 years program, consisting of internship OR residency training. during 3rd year onwards||Currently in the 3rd/4th/5th/6th year OR already completed||2025|
|MBBS||Degree holders of M.B.B.S. and those who are in the 5th/ 6th/ 7th semester OR higher semester of such programme.||5th, 6th, 7th OR higher semester OR already completed||2024|
|M. Sc./ M.A./ MCA
|Master’s degree in any branch of Science / Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications/ Arts or equivalent||Currently in the first year OR higher OR already completed||2024|
|Int. M.E./ M.Tech.
|Post- BSc Integrated Master’s degree programs in Engineering/ Technology (4 years program)||Currently in the 1st/ 2nd/ 3rd/ 4th year OR already completed||2025|
|Int. M.E./ M.Tech.
|Integrated Master’s degree program or Dual Degree program in Engineering/ Technology (5 years program)||Currently in the 3rd/ 4th/ 5th year OR already completed||2024|
|Int. M.Sc./ Int. B.S.-M.S.||Integrated M.Sc. OR 5 years integrated B.S.-M.S. program||Currently in the 3rd year OR higher OR already completed||2024|
|B.Sc/ B.Com/ B.A||Bachelor’s degree in any branch of Arts/ Commerce/ Science (3 years program)||Currently in the 3rd year OR already completed||2024|
Examinations (equivalent to B.E./ B.Tech./ B.Arch.)
|B.E./ B.Tech./ B.Arch. equivalent examinations of Professional Societies, recognized by MoE/ UPSC/ AICTE (e.g., AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers-India and so on)||Completed Section A OR equivalent of such professional courses||NA|
GATE Exam Pattern 2024:
Below we have provided the complete details regarding the GATE Exam pattern:
- Examination Mode: GATE exam will be conduct in online CBT mode.
- Number of subjects/ papers: In GATE exam there will be 29 papers.
- Number of Sections: There will be two sections in paper – General Aptitude (GA) & Candidate’s selected subject.
- Type of Questions: There will be some multiple-choice questions (MCQs). While the remaining questions will include multiple select questions (MSQs) and/ or numerical answer type (NAT) questions.
- Number of Questions: There will be total of 65 questions in the paper. 10 questions in GA section and 55 questions in candidate’s selected subject.
- Time Duration: The paper will be of 3 hours duration.
- Maximum Marks: Paper will be of total 100 marks.
- Marking Scheme: Questions in paper will be of 1 and 2 marks. There will be negative marking in MCQs for each incorrect answer chosen. In MCQs section, 1/3 mark will be deducted for 1-mark MCQ and likewise 2/3 mark will be deducted for 2-mark MCQ. There will be no negative marking for incorrect option chosen in MSQ & NAT section.
Check detailed marks distribution in the below given table:
|Paper Code||General Aptitude (GA) section||Subject Marks||Total Marks|
|AR, AE, BT, AG, CH, CE, CY, CS, EE, EC, EY, ES, MA, IN, MN, ME, PE, MT, PI, PH, ST, TF & BM||15||85||100|
|GG (Part A + Part B (Section 1 Geology OR Section 2 Geophysics))||15||25 + 60||100|
|XE (Section A + Any two sections)||15||15 + (2 x 35)||100|
|XH (Section B1 + Any one section)||15||25 + (1 x 60)||100|
|XL (Section P + Any two sections)||15||25 + (2 x 30)||100|
GATE Syllabus 2024:
Latest Applications For Various UG & PG Courses Open 2024
- KSRM 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- GNIOT 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- The Design Village, Noida | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- IMS Ghaziabad, Ghaziabad | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- GNA University 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- Narayana Business School, Ahmedabad| Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
Each paper can have a special course of study. The test is conducted for twenty-three Subjects. The Conducting Authority can release the syllabus in PDF format. The detailed info is as follows:
General Aptitude (GA): Verbal Ability & Numerical Ability.
Aerospace Engineering (AE): Engineering arithmetic, Flight Mechanics, space Dynamics, mechanics, Structures, Propulsion.
Agricultural Engineering (AG): Engineering arithmetic, Farm Machinery, Farm Power, Soil and Conservation Engineering, Irrigation and emptying Engineering, etc.
Architecture and designing (AR): design and architecture, Building Materials, Construction and Management, Building and Structure, Environmental planning and design, etc.
Biotechnology (BT): Engineering arithmetic, General Biotechnology, recombinant DNA Technology, Plant and Animal Biotechnology, etc.
Civil Engineering (CE): Engineering arithmetic, Structural Engineering, Structural Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, etc.
Chemical Engineering (CH): Engineering arithmetic, method Calculations and physics, mechanics and Mechanical Operations, etc.
Computer Science and Information Technology (CS): Engineering arithmetic, Digital Logic, pc Organization and design, Programming and knowledge Structures, etc.
Chemistry (CY): chemistry, chemistry.
Electronics and Communication Engineering (EC): Engineering arithmetic, Networks, Signals and Systems, Electronic Devices, Analog Circuits, Digital Circuits, etc.
Electrical Engineering (EE): Engineering arithmetic, electrical Circuits, magnetism Fields, Signals and Systems, Electrical Machines, etc.
Ecology and Evolution (EY): Ecology, Evolution, arithmetic and Quantitative Ecology, activity Ecology, etc.
Geology and geology (GG): Common Section (Earth and Planetary system, Weathering and soil formation, etc.), earth science.
Instrumentation Engineering (IN): Engineering arithmetic, Electrical Circuits, Signals and Systems, Management Systems, etc.
Mathematics (MA): algebra, advanced Analysis, Real Analysis, Algebra, purposeful Analysis, Numerical Analysis, etc.
Mechanical Engineering (ME): Engineering arithmetic, Applied Mechanics, and Design, mechanics and Thermal Sciences, etc.
Mining Engineering (MN): Engineering arithmetic, Mine Development, and mensuration, Geomechanics and ground control, etc.
Metallurgical Engineering (MT): Engineering arithmetic, physics and Rate Processes, Extractive science, etc.
Petroleum Engineering (PE): algebra, crude Formation analysis, Oil and well Testing, etc.
Physics (PH): Mathematical Physics, Newtonian mechanics, magnetism Theory, physics, and applied math Physics, etc.
Production and engineering (PI): Engineering arithmetic, General Engineering, producing Processes I, Quality and reliability, etc.
Textile Engineering and Fiber Science (TF): Engineering arithmetic, Textile Fibers, material manufacture, Structure, and Properties, etc.
Engineering arithmetic (XE-A), mechanics (XE-B), Materials Science (XE-C), Solid Mechanics (XE-D), physics (XE-E), chemical compound Science and Engineering (XE-F), Food Technology (XE-G), atmospherical and Oceanic Sciences (XE-H).
Chemistry (XL-P), biochemistry (XL-Q), botany (XL-R), microbiology (XL-S), zoological science (XL-T) & Food Technology (XL-U).
GATE Preparation Tips 2024
Some tips do are available handy to realize an edge for the exam preparations.
- Through understanding of test pattern and info
- Solving the previous year’s queries.
- Best study material is needed for the preparation of GATE Exams.
- Candidates should prepare a timetable and follow consequently.
- Yoga offers mental stability and will increase concentration.
- Online Mock tests are obtainable in all the topics.
GATE Admit Card 2024:
Students can download the GATE Admit Card through online mode. It will be open for downloading from 3rd January 2024. The authority will not send any printed copy of admit card to applicants by post.
Complete instructions and exam details like exam centre, date, time, etc. will be mentioned in the admit card. No requests for changes in exam centre, date/ time mentioned in admit card will be entertained by the authority. Students are advised to go through complete details provided in the hall ticket before appearing for the exam.
Steps to download GATE 2023 admit card:
- Go through the GATE official website or go for the “Direct Link” given above in this article.
- Enter the enrollment number and password to download GATE admit card.
- Click on GATE 2023 Login.
- Click on the link for GATE admit card download.
- GATE admit card 2023 will be downloaded in the pdf format.
- Save the admit card and take a printout to be carried while appearing for the GATE exam 2023.
GATE Answer Key 2024:
GATE Answer key will be released on the official website from 3rd week of February 2024. Along with the answer key, the question papers & candidate’s responses will be also provided on the website.
The authority will first provide the provisional answer key through which applicants will be able to check the correct answers and make objections in case of any discrepancy in the key.
The objection against the answer key can be made by the students for a certain time period with certain payment of fee.
GATE Result 2024:
Applicants can check GATE Result from the website on March 2024. The results will be out through online mode after the final evaluation of exam papers. Applicants will be able to check their results by entering their login details in the GOAPs portal.
The result will show the candidate’s performance of the entrance exam and tell the qualifying status of the candidate. Applicants must keep their downloaded result card safely with them till the completion of admission procedure.
Steps to check the result?
- Step 1: Go through the official website gate.iitkgp.ac.in. or go for the “Direct Link” given above in this article.
- Step 2: Click on the option for “Login” on the main page.
- Step 3: Enter your registered email id/enrollment id and password.
- Step 4: Select the option for GATE 2023 result in the candidate portal. Your result will be displayed on the screen.
GATE Scorecard 2024:
GATE Scorecards will be released on the website for downloading few days after the declaration of result. Only the qualified Applicants will be able to obtain it from GOAPs portal. It will be available for downloading free of cost in last week of March 2024.
Applicants are suggested to keep the softcopy of scorecard safely for any further reference in future. The scorecard will be valid for 3 years from the date of announcement of result. There is no provision for issue of hardcopies of GATE scorecard.
GATE 2024 Cut off
Cut Off Percentages / Marks are released when the announcement of the result.
It is the minimum marks that candidates need to get within the examination to urge admission into numerous PG courses.
Cut off are revealed through on-line mode per the classes & papers.
We’ve updated the previous year qualifying cut off marks.
GATE Counseling 2024
NO Centralized counsel facility is obtainable or provided by examining authority.
Candidates got to apply several for every IIT.
CCMT is going to be conducted for entry into all NITs and different centrally funded institutions.
A valid card is critical for application into counseling.
Candidates who have passed in 2021 and 2022 may also apply.
At the time of registering for counseling, candidates can be got to fill in their desired faculty preference.
Rank, the alternative of faculty, Seat accessibility are to be met for securing your admission./ allotment of seat.